- Art of Aromatherapy DIY's
- Bath, Body & True Beauty
- Food Preservation & Pantry Storage
- Home Education
- Homemaking & DIY's
- Homesteading & Gardening
- Marriage & Motherhood
- Pretty & Practical Printables
- Recipe Box
- About the Author
- Support This Site
- 100+ DIY Projects to Make with Fruit Scraps ~ Ebook
- Our General Mercantile
Monday, December 28, 2020
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
Monday, December 14, 2020
There is a small band of women, silently building up the kingdom in their own humble homes. There is no worldly acknowledgement, glory or praise. They are motivated by a higher duty. A higher calling. Their leader is the King of Kings. And like the heavenly league of angels in heaven, they are silently serving with all their strength on earth.
Monday, December 7, 2020
(Note: I'll be sharing some little "snippets" here and there from some of my more special Instagram posts that I feel some of you may enjoy that aren't on it...)
Monday, November 30, 2020
A homemaker with an old fashioned heart walks through her day with tender smiles, warm feelings and a dainty step as she nourishes her family, accomplishes her tasks and beautifies her home. It is not a loud, jump-up-and-down-happy that she feels...
It is a gentle joy that sustains her.
"You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
~ Psalm 16:11
Monday, November 23, 2020
Friday, November 20, 2020
- Travel perfume
- Room spray
- Linen spray
- Boo-boo spray
- Body Spray
- Hand Sanitizer for Purse
- Facial Freshening Mist
- Bathroom deodorizing spray (place a small bowl of these out in different aromas for fun)
- Thieves/On Guard Blend (use alcohol for the base) -- Use as an air purifier room spray, sanitizing spray for knobs and handles.
- Lavender (use 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract as base) -- Use as a pillow spray, body spray, perfume spray, calming room spray, linen spray (if using as a linen spray or pillow spray I would use the "clear" vanilla to avoid staining)
- Citrus Essential Oils (use vinegar or alcohol for the base ) -- Use as a deodorizing room spray, kitchen countertop spray, mild hand sanitizer.
- Tea Tree/Melaleuca (use hydrogen peroxide, vinegar or witch-hazel for the base) -- Use as first aid (boo-boo) spray for bug bites, sunburn, athletes foot, fungus, minor cuts and scrapes. Could be used as a mild hand sanitizer and countertop cleaning spray.
- Peppermint (use alcohol for the base) -- refreshing room spray, cleansing spray for cold/flu season.
- Floral Essential Oils (use witch hazel as the base) -- Use as a face mist to freshen up dry skin or use as a fragrant body spray.
- Favorite Scented Essential Oils (use witch-hazel or 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract as the base) -- Use as a room spray, body mist and/or car freshener spray.
Monday, November 16, 2020
Monday, November 9, 2020
Thursday, November 5, 2020
Hidden Vally Original Dip Mix: "Maltodextrin, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion*, Spices, Garlic*, Modified Food Starch, Less Than 2% Of: Calcium Stearate, Natural Flavor."
- 1/2 c. dried parsley
- 1/4 c. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/4 c. salt (we use the Himalayan pink salt)
- 2 tbsp. ground black pepper
- Substitute 1/4 c. of plain kefir for part of the sour cream to create a tasty probiotic blend.
- Squeeze some lemon juice into your prepared ranch mixture for a more tart flavor.
I think these make useful little gifts! Make a few extra pints for hostesses!
Free printable recipe with convenient label is found HERE.
Recipe was adapted from Live Simply Blog.
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Monday, November 2, 2020
- dried lavender flowers (optional but pretty), 1/8-1/4 tsp. of lavender buds per bottle
- 10 ml roll top bottle (you can also recycle essential oil bottles)
- small essential oil funnel
- sweet almond oil (or fractionated coconut oil, sunflower oil, or mild carrier oil of your choice)
- roman chamomile essential oil, 1 drop per bottle
- lavender essential oil, 2 drops per bottle
- peppermint essential oil, 1 drop per bottle
- juniper essential oil, 1 drop per bottle
- vanilla oleoresin essential oil, 2 drops per bottle (you can also use 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract if you need to be resourceful but it will cloud the look of your blend. If you do use it, I would omit the lavender flowers and add the extract in the first step.)
1. Begin by filling each bottle with 1/8-1/4 tsp. of lavender buds if you are using them.
2. Using a small funnel, carefully fill each bottle with your carrier oil (almond oil, fractionated coconut oil, sunflower oil) making sure to leave 1/4 inch headspace. As you can see, this can get messy!
3. Next, add the essential oils (amounts are shared above).
4. Fill up the remaining of the bottle with carrier oil (up to the neckline) if necessary.
5. Press roller ball lid onto each bottle and shake each bottle to blend your perfume.
Use this as you would perfume (though keep in mind that since it is natural, you may have to do a few applications during the day to keep up the scent). To get the aromatherapy benefits, make sure to inhale the fragrance nice and deeply each time you apply it for relaxing results!