- dried lavender flowers (optional but pretty), 1/8-1/4 tsp. of lavender buds per bottle
- 10 ml roll top bottle (you can also recycle essential oil bottles)
- small essential oil funnel
- sweet almond oil (or fractionated coconut oil, sunflower oil, or mild carrier oil of your choice)
- roman chamomile essential oil, 1 drop per bottle
- lavender essential oil, 2 drops per bottle
- peppermint essential oil, 1 drop per bottle
- juniper essential oil, 1 drop per bottle
- vanilla oleoresin essential oil, 2 drops per bottle (you can also use 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract if you need to be resourceful but it will cloud the look of your blend. If you do use it, I would omit the lavender flowers and add the extract in the first step.)
1. Begin by filling each bottle with 1/8-1/4 tsp. of lavender buds if you are using them.
2. Using a small funnel, carefully fill each bottle with your carrier oil (almond oil, fractionated coconut oil, sunflower oil) making sure to leave 1/4 inch headspace. As you can see, this can get messy!
3. Next, add the essential oils (amounts are shared above).
4. Fill up the remaining of the bottle with carrier oil (up to the neckline) if necessary.
5. Press roller ball lid onto each bottle and shake each bottle to blend your perfume.
Use this as you would perfume (though keep in mind that since it is natural, you may have to do a few applications during the day to keep up the scent). To get the aromatherapy benefits, make sure to inhale the fragrance nice and deeply each time you apply it for relaxing results!
Interesting combo - might have to give it a whirl.ReplyDelete
Thank you :-)
It’s lovely together 💜🤍🤎 do give it a try!Delete
These look amazing! I'm sure they smells so beautiful!ReplyDelete
Thank you! :)Delete
I wish I could try this...it looks lovely, and I am allergic to synthetic perfumes, so I don't ever wear them, but I would love to try something natural. But as I do not have any essential oils, nor any of the other supplies, I guess it would take around $200 (CDN) just to give it a try! Maybe some day.ReplyDelete
Yes, if you had to buy from scratch it would be rather expensive.... I slowly built up my collection... if you grow lavender and infuse it in a light oil and then add vanilla extract, that may give you a frugal option 💜Delete