“What is home? My favorite definition is "a safe place," a place where one is free from attack, a place where one experiences secure relationships and affirmation. It's a place where people share and understand each other. Its relationships are nurturing. The people in it do not need to be perfect; instead, they need to be honest, loving, supportive, recognizing a common humanity that makes all of us vulnerable.”
~ Gladys M. Hunt, Honey for a Child's Heart
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemaking, homeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!
~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!
* Please visit and leave some comment love
for a few of our features from last week's link up: *
1. Honey Bee Notebooking Pages by In All You Do ~ Annette shares 84 FREE note booking pages for your honey bee studies! She also has a free honey bee printable for pre-k children as well as honey bee coloring pages. These would make wonderful supplements for our unit study on bees!
2. Don't Let Perfect be the Enemy of Good by The Rural Economist ~ This is a really good article shedding light on the un-productivity that perfectionism can create. I could relate to this in many areas and was encouraged to forge ahead!
3. Mustard Plaster: Your Recipe for Congestion by Thyme to Embrace Herbs ~ I had always heard of this remedy but never knew how to do it! This will really come in handy for our family pharmacy!
4. Why Aren't My Chickens Laying?! by (Mis)Adventures of a "Born Again" Farm Girl ~ I think the title says it all. The hardest part about owning chickens is when you have to buy eggs! This was a very helpful article.
5. "Mind Your Beez Wax" by The Butt'ry and Book'ry ~ Linny shares a fun post on how to clean and remelt your homegrown beeswax into candles the old fashioned way!
6. Portrait of a Lady: Laura Ingalls Wilder by Sweetly Dreaming of the Past ~ I love reading about the life of Laura. She had gone through some very tough times yet managed to endure and encourage in her sweet stories to us! Do be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for the English translation.
In other news, I have been working on making the switch for this blog's printables to Google Docs since so many had troubles with the last program. Our latest addition is the "The Ways of Her Household: A Modern Day Herbal". This is a binder of household wisdom which contains your favorite recipes and diy's for bath/body, food preservation, home decoration, housecleaning products, laundry room recipes, herbal medicines, pantry products and more. Enjoy putting this together to store all your homemaking how-to in one convenient place!
On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share!
Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!
This post may be shared with some or all of the following link-ups: The Art of Home-Making Mondays, Modest Mom Monday's, Monday's Musings, Make Your Home Sing Monday, Good Morning Mondays, The Scoop, Titus 2sdays, Titus 2 Tuesdays, Roses of Inspiration, Tuesdays with a Twist, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman Link Up, Homestead Blog Hop, Wow Us Wednesdays, Coffee and Conversation, Homemaking Thursdays, Home Sweet Home, Our Simple Homestead, From the Farm Blog Hop, Front Porch Friday Blog Hop, Awesome Life Friday Link Up, Five Star Frou Frou Friday, Simply Natural Saturdays and Clever Chicks Blog Hop. Thank you lovely ladies for hosting these.