- Art of Aromatherapy DIY's
- Bath, Body & True Beauty
- Food Preservation & Pantry Storage
- Home Education
- Homemaking & DIY's
- Homesteading & Gardening
- Marriage & Motherhood
- Pretty & Practical Printables
- Recipe Box
- About the Author
- Support This Site
- 100+ DIY Projects to Make with Fruit Scraps ~ Ebook
- Our General Mercantile
Thursday, October 28, 2021
Monday, October 25, 2021
As we enter fall, we did our final preserving of "meat in the summer”...
I've also begun infusing some of my favorite flowers in olive oil to make a lovely, floral, feminine salve. Here is the tutorial. These too, make lovely gifts!
Pictured: freshly baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (another work of homemaking art ☺️).
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Autumn Crazy Cake (No Butter, Eggs, Milk or Mess) ~ Inspired by the Depression Era Recipe (aka Wacky Cake) w/ GF Option
- 1 1/2 c. + 2 tbsp. flour (all purpose or gluten-free flour blend)
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin pie spice (use only 1-2 tsp. if you're not into those kinds of spices)
- 1 tsp. baking soda (use 1 1/2 tsp. is using gluten-free flour blend)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. vegetable oil (we use sunflower)
- 1 tsp. white vinegar (use apple cider vinegar for gluten-free version)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. Pureed pumpkin or butternut squash
Monday, October 11, 2021
No one sees the tears you wiped this very morning... no one sees the moments you keep quiet in order to maintain peace... no one sees the stress you carry (since you still smile) with the current "situations"... no one sees the messes you clean in order to keep cozy... no one sees the pie you baked in order to bring joy to the sorrowful... no one sees the sacrifices you make every hour of the day... no one sees what you go without so that others may have plenty... no one sees the prayers you send up for every one of those souls in your home and in your heart...
No one sees... but Him.
"For the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs."
~ George Eliot
“Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven."
~ Matthew 6:1
(Note: These little "snippets" shared here and there are from some of my more special Instagram posts that I feel some of you may enjoy that aren't on it...)
Saturday, October 2, 2021
~ Mrs. Dunwoody's Excellent Instructions for Homekeeping by Miriam Lukken