"Being frugal does not mean being cheap!
It means being economical and avoiding waste."
~ Catherine Pulsifer
Essential oils can be very expensive! And if you are like me, you want to squeeze out every last drop! With just one little accessory, you can prolong and enhance your essential oil experience. You can utilize those last few drops! Did you know they sell small sprayer tops (affiliate link) that fit your essential oil bottles? I recently found this myself and am loving the possibilities!
Once your bottle of oil is near its end, there is always a few stubborn drops that remain (that are very difficult to remove!). Simply add about a teaspoon of witch-hazel* to your practically empty bottle (this acts as a preservative and helps disperse the oils). Fill the remaining of the bottle with water.
* you can also use vinegar, vodka or alcohol depending on your needs...
Screw on the mini spray top (this is an affiliate link) and give your bottle a nice shake (just snip to size the bottom of the sprayer to make the tube the right size for your bottle). Now you have a sweet little spray that can be used for so many things depending on the medicinal properties of the essential oil bottle you used!
These can be a:
- Travel perfume
- Room spray
- Linen spray
- Boo-boo spray
- Body Spray
- Hand Sanitizer for Purse
- Bathroom deodorizing spray (place a small bowl of these out in different aromas for fun)
To give some ideas for the more commonly used oils --
- Thieves/On Guard Blend -- air purifier room spray, sanitizing spray for knobs and handles (to make it stronger use alcohol instead of witch hazel in the spray blend).
- Lavender -- pillow spray, body spray, perfume spray, calming room spray, linen spray.
- Lemon -- deodorizing room spray, kitchen countertop spray, mild hand sanitizer (to make it stronger use alcohol instead of witch hazel in the spray blend).
- Tea Tree/Melaleuca -- first aid (boo-boo) spray for bug bites, sunburn, athletes foot, fungus, minor cuts and scrapes. Could be used as a mild hand sanitizer and countertop cleaning spray.
- Peppermint -- refreshing room spray, cleansing spray for cold/flu season (to make it stronger use alcohol instead of witch hazel in the spray blend).
Can you think of other ideas for useful sprays?
Happy homemaking! 🤎