Friday, July 18, 2014

Seasons at Home Magazine ~ Scrumptious Seasonal Reading



“Some books are so familiar that reading them is like being home again.”

~ Louisa May Alcott

When I was younger, I used to subscribe to at least ten magazines. I loved to flip through the pages during my 3 o'clock tea or at night to unwind before bed. We aren't a television family so magazines were such a treat. Unfortunately, I noticed that the content wasn't as acceptable to me as it used to be. My lifestyle was different, my budget was different, my goals were definitely different and I could no longer relate to the words that they printed. I unsubscribed to all of them. And then, a few years ago, a friend introduced me to Seasons at Home magazine and I was in love again.


These are magazines for the "keeper at home". They are beautiful, lovely, inspiring, creative and godly! Call me old fashioned, but I love to hold the glossy pages in my hands (that is something that the computer can never replace for me), to breathe in the subtle smell of ink and slowly savor every pretty picture.


Included are many simple sewing projects and handiwork crafts. They share tasty looking recipes (even desserts) that include whole grain flours. Each issue also features a wood-working project for fathers and sons and homemaking projects for mothers and daughters. It is truly a family friendly publication!


Seasons at Home also features homeschooling encouragement such as unit study ideas, themed tea party inspiration and many other fun activities to do with your children.

The best part about this printed magazine is that my family can safely peruse the pages without having to surf through potential filth on the internet. That is something the world wide web can never offer, completely clean content.


The sad part is that they won't be printing anymore issues! The good news is that you can still enjoy their back-issues while supplies last. I own them all and keep them in a safe spot as they are very dear to me. So, if you are a magazine gal like myself, I wanted to introduce Seasons at Home to you. You may even come across an article in the winter issue by an old-fashioned soul named JES...





30 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I placed an order through your link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ~ You are going to love them!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I noticed it on your site a couple weeks ago. One day at work, I decided to look it up & of course it was blocked (security @ work computer.) By the time I returned home forgot so will now click & see what I can do. Thank you for reminding me. No TV here & I only rcv. one magazine (Countryside) and have often thought, "Why can't they just make a magazine with good informative content?" Again thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love this magazine as it shares lots of quilting projects! I have some back issues of Countryside. That is a very nice magazine too!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a beautiful magazine! I am sorry to hear that it will no longer be in print. Thank you for letting us know about the back issues! : )

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the old saying applies in this case, all good things must come to an end :(

      We are always inspired by the back-issues though!

      Delete
  4. Just placed my order through your link. I purchased online versions of their magazines a couple years ago and they are very nice but I'm excited to have them in print. Thank you for reminding me of this excellent publication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes! There is nothing like print! Thank you also for using our link :) I also have some downloads of the mother/daughter tea issues which are very nice too.

      Delete
  5. Oh my! I got a few of these some time ago and loved them. I had no idea they were still being published. One had a recipe for homemade waffle cones that were wonderful but I cannot find that magazine anywhere. :( I bought the waffle cone maker and everything. Need to see if they have back issues available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the set of 3 issues for 2013 was the last for printing... Glad to know that others appreciated them too! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  6. It might help if I read to the end of the post before relating my excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last of the 2013 were recently published and may be "newer" still to you...

      Delete
  7. We haven't had a tv in many, many years so just a few magazines and the internet (pc has very strict controls implemented on it) are my only resources for crafts and general reading. This magazine sounds wonderful - I'm really sorry it's no longer in print. Thank you for the link...hopping on over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on the same page as you on that... That is why it is fun to read other's blogs to see what like-minded ladies are up too. You are my magazine in a way :)

      Delete
  8. I don't get magazines anymore. I still have my old, original issues of Victoria magazine and I love to pour over those. :) These look delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about those old issues of Victoria! Oh, how I loved them! You can definitely pour over those forever as they are timeless... Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  9. There's a Mennonite-published magazine called Keepers at Home. It's similar...recipes, craft corner, gardening tips, poetry, and encouragement to other sisters in Christ...
    I've gotten it on and off through the years. It's pretty good, but I'm going to have to look into this. It looks great.
    Have a great day :-)
    Love,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, I also have subscribed off and on to Keepers at Home which is another magazine I have forgotten about (we have stacks of back issues here). It is a very encouraging publication. But I have to admit that the color pictures in this magazine are a treat to the eyes :)

      Delete
  10. These magazines sound lovely! I also love being able to touch, feel and smell books and magazines...one of the reasons I haven't got a Kindle:). How sad these are going out of print... Hope you're having a wonderful week, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! I haven't gotten a Kindle for the same reason! I also just like to look at my books on the shelves, it is so pretty to me.

      Delete
  11. I wish we had those types of inspiring magazines here in Australia
    I suppose that the company might do shipping, I will have to find out!

    Thankyou for the link, I too like to hold reading material in my hands, it helps me to wind down :)

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they ship down under :) They also help me wind down, very relaxing!

      Delete
  12. I it is a joy to finally visit your blog! Thank you for the comment you kindly left on my blog recently :) I have meant to come and visit your blog ever since. I am so glad that you commented on mine so that I was able to find your beautiful space here. Your posts are truly inspiring and a joy to read. I have enjoyed browsing through them, being inspired in homemaking and godliness, and look forward to reading your posts to come.
    This magazine looks like a wonderful one to subscribe to! I do not think you are old-fashioned at all- I feel the same way about magazines. No computer can replace that wonderful feel of holding books and magazines in your hand and running your hand over the glossy pages as you soak in the photos and articles.

    Have a blessed day!
    ~Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit over Jazzmin, I am glad we "met' then :)

      Delete
  13. Why is it that I always find out about this stuff when they're not printing anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know... but there is beauty in back issues! :)

      Delete
  14. What a shame that they won't be printing more. They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. joyfullifemagazine.com Is another

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will have to look into that publication! :)

      Delete