Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Avocado, Tomato, Herbs & Fresh Cheese ~ Create a Caprese Salad


Tis time to take advantage of the summer sun and prepare meals that don't require ovens. There isn't a "true" recipe for something like this but my desire is to simply inspire you to eat fresh and raw when possible this season. No need to sweat and toil over the stove, you can make flavorful meals in just a few minutes!


One of our favorite dishes is to place a sliced (garden fresh) tomato and avocado upon a bed of our homemade goat cheese. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian herbs and a sprinkling of sea salt. We use the simple "vinegar cheese" method to produce our cheese and the results are delicious for something like this. If you don't have a dairy goat, fresh mozzarella would be divine too! Be creative with what you produce on your property. A strip of basil would be excellent!


You can serve this caprese-like salad as an appetizer, a wonderfully light lunch or with a grilled meat for a dazzling dinner. I hope this has encouraged you to prepare some fresh foods for your family that will nourish and delight the senses this summer! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jes, that looks scrumptious, and it' so funny, because I just blogged about the joys of Caprese Salad too! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, pass those little gems over here, please! They do look delicious, and now I'm really wishing we still had our dairy goats as I'm suddenly missing the fresh cheeses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Healthy eating at it's tastiest! I have made something similar, but I've never made it with goat cheese or balsamic vinegar. I will have to make it for lunch today - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy and so easy with no oven involved.....I'm sold! Fresh goat cheese, sounds even yummier! I may have to get some goat milk and try making me some.... I hope you are having a wonderful week and aren't Boling out in the heat! ;) Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete