Monday, January 6, 2014

"She Strengtheneth" ~ A Homemaker's Health



(She is exhausted but she must… she will smile later.)

Her skirt rustles in a swishing rhythym with the beat of her athletic shoes on the gravel road. Inhaling deeply of the crisp, fresh air, she feels alive. The flora and fauna is a tonic to her taxed nerves.

The birds scatter as she approaches. The trees sway in the breeze, waving to her a morning greeting. 

Her heart beats and pounds. Clear beads of sweat form on her soft skin like delicate jewels. They sparkle in the sun.

She breathes in with purpose and continues on her journey.

As she walks, she shares her concerns with her Creator. She feels her burdens buckle, her soul strengthen. This is physical therapy indeed.

She knows her role as wife and mother is important. She is indispensable. She must maintain her spirits, she must maintain her health.

Where does her path lead? 

Her purpose is not to be skinny but to be strong.

To better serve her family, to better serve her God.


"She girdeth her loins with strength,
and strengtheneth her arms."
~ Proverbs 31:17

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health,
just as your soul prospers."
~ 3 John 1:2

“I walk: I prefer walking.” 
~ Jane Austen,  Persuasion

“Walking is man's best medicine. ” 
~ Hippocrates

Proverbial Homemaker Series:

24 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. Thank you for this lovely reminder. Stopping by from Modest Monday link up. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Her purpose is not to be skinny but to be strong." - Love that! Thank you for inspiring us to stay healthy and well in a balanced way. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for picking up on that since I think it is so important… Many women are spending so much family time trying to be that unhealthy skinny and families are suffering from that obsession. Thanks for sharing here today, Tina!

      Delete
  3. Yes, thank you for the balanced encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim ~ Thank you for taking the time to share here today :)

      Delete
  4. I've pondered on this myself before, knowing I need to exercise, but also not wanting my motive to be self-centered, but God-honoring. Thanks for the post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, I share your same sentiments, thank you for commenting! There is so much focus on the body that it is sometimes hard to separate the two…

      Delete
  5. ...not to be skinny, but strong. Oh, amen. This entire post is beautiful - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to share here today, Lisha :)

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed this post. Great encouragement and a good reminder of why it is important to exercise. I really like the feminine vision of exercise portrayed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanny for feeling the vision! :)

      Delete
  7. I like this post. I love what it means. It is so inspiring. I don't know where I'd be without our Lord and Savior.
    Thanks for posting over at Farmgirl Friday..
    Dolly of www.hibiscushouse1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! It is so much easier to maintain our health... than to try to repair our health after damage is done.... even damage from being too busy and under too much stress. Thank you for posting this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautifully written. I could feel the wind on my face and hear the birds as I read this. Thank you for sharing on Titus2day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Jes. Not sure how long this was posted, but girl it is right on time for me! Being strong and healthy spiritually and physically. But weight is not the factor; as we all know we need a light and sweet attitude and a heavy dose of rolling off our burdens unto the Lord!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing at somuchathome.blogspot.com link up party.
    God bless,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post, thank you for sharing it on Good Morning Mondays and for getting me thinking. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, not skinny but strong! I love to walk. Sure, its good for fitness, but I like it best for my soul - fresh air and fresh perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the fresh air cleans out the cobwebs and clears the mind... It is therapeutic in many ways! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  14. I love this Jes. I am loving peeking around your blog. Wow....so many nuggets of treasure for my heart. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to share and encourage here! :)

      Delete