Monday, March 18, 2013

"Keepers at Home" Home Management Binder ~ Free Printable


With all my love for organizing with binders, it is hard to believe I never had a home management one. I always wanted a place to store the weekly, monthly and seasonal chores. However, it seemed so tedious to write it all down (let alone come up with them) and to be honest, I didn't know where to start! When I found some printable and thorough lists online, I was thrilled! I incorporated them into a simple system that may be a help to you as well. This is flexible so I encourage you to use it however it will work for your family. It is kind of like a "choose your own adventure" binder!


List of recommended supplies:
Here is how I prepared our binder using printable pages from other sources. Most are from Martha Stewart unless stated differently (listed and linked below):


"Daily Schedule & Calendar" Section ~

"Weekly Work" Section ~

"Monthly Work" Section ~

"Seasonal Chores" Section ~
"Household Cleaning Recipes" Section ~ (Not shown in photos)

"Misc" Section ~
  • I have a lot of magazine articles related to seasonal cleaning and caring for items that I included here (such as the best way to clean appliances, how to repair household items, etc.).

When I printed out these cleaning lists, I knew I would not get them all done in the spring. I removed that burden right away! However, when I do accomplish something, I write the date next to it so that I know which items are long overdue for attention, etc. I will be happy to get them all done by the end of the year and then start anew the following one.



You will find the printable HERE (just "download" and print). If you are looking for other organizational binder systems, then you may also be interested in making an "Inspirational Recipe Book", "Good Steward" Record/Home Manual Binder, "Book of Household Wisdom" or a "Garden Journal Planner".

"Few things we can do in this world are so well worth doing as the making of a beautiful and happy home."
~ J.R. Miller, Excerpt from The Family

29 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! I tend to write things done in multiple books and then have to figure out where I wrote it :) Thank you for sharing this lovely idea.

    Have a happy Monday!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does help to keep all your "eggs in one basket' when it comes to running the home :) Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. Jes, that looks wonderful and inspiring, so much effort goes into it, doesn't it. I am such a perfectionist when it comes to writing things down, I had to use the application evernote to do my planning so I could easily delete and edit he he he. Thank you for sharing. Stopping by from Teach Me Tuesdays :) Have a blessed day. Tara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Effort and work equals a happy home :) Thanks for sharing here today!

      Delete
  3. Love it! Saw your post on Farmgirl Friday :)I would love to have you share this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop today!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Stephanie! I have things written in too many places...this gives away my age :) Lol! We are working several of your ideas into our spring cleaning! You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a binder I made it is pink with a vintage 50's mother and daughter hanging laundry. I love that little binder. It gives such encouragment. I love the graphics for yours and the beautiful quote on the front.
    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for the organization tips. Would it be possible to receive the Daily Planner and Monthly Calendar page without going through Scribd? I would appreciate the help.
    Thanks,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your interest. I can email you the actual cover sheet, and subject tabs myself but the Daily Planner and Monthly Calendar page are someone else's so I don't have access to those. Sorry I couldn't be of more help in that area. Let me know if I can help in any other way! :) JES

      Delete
  7. I don't see the link? These are lovely and I would like to do my journal this way also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faith :)
      Thanks for your interest. You will find the link on the menu above which shows the sample of the printable. There is a download button there. Press it and you can save and/or print the file from there. Let me know if it doesn't work for some reason. Happy homemaking!

      Delete
  8. I love everything you have on your blog. You are so kind to share so much information! You list the plastic divider tab pages. Are these large enough to be seen when using the page protectors? Where did you get the color you have at the top of the page to match the tab color? Thank you so much. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you again Sue :) Well, the divider pages I used were found in a large pile of office supplies I got from clearance in the past. I don't have a link to the actual ones (sorry!). I started using the adhesive tabs (which I just now fixed the above link to recommend) because you can stick directly onto your plastic page protector featuring each subject. They are more versatile too and are able to been seen when using the page protectors like you mentioned. I hope this helps!

      Delete
  9. I use to have a HMB, but my son is 16 and there are only 3 of us, I tried doing a schedule for cleaning, but found I had to do cleaning all in one day,it drove me crazy not to.It is simplier if i do not have one. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree with you.. This is better for a larger family with more to juggle or someone who has trouble focusing on what to do or is learning how to keep a home ;)

      Delete
  10. Is there any way you could email me a link to print up the daily to do docket.? It is so beautiful. I haven't found one anywhere that I like as much. I can't print it up without paying for a scribd account. Thanks so much!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probably email you the pdf since I had no problem downloading it (and didn't pay a fee). What is your email address? Or just contact me at pleasewritetojes@hotmail.com if you don't want to post publicly. Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  11. Hi JES,

    Thank you so much for all your free printables including this one! I will make a link to your page in the article I'm writing now on my blog. Thanks so much, you're helping me to work in my house and to serve my family, you're my Titus 2 mentor, although digital :-) Have a blessed Sunday,

    Annemieke from http://eigenwijslandelijkgeinspireerd.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemieke for the sweet sentiments :) I am glad this will help you!

      Delete
  12. Your binder ideas (as well as Remaking the Herbal) are my favorites of your posts. Thanks for sharing them with us, along with all the printables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input! I have to admit to being a binder junkie! It is my favorite way to organize :) I am glad you can use some of these printables too!

      Delete
  13. I am so thankful for these free home management printables and can not wait to get my binder set up for 2015! How generous you are to share all of these! Many, many thanks! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great printables! I always write everything i do in a notebook that is attached to me! Shared on my homemaking site and a few other posts from here!Really enjoy your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do not have a printer. Do you know of any pre-made ones that you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candy, Nice hearing from you again! :) I don't recall off-hand but have seen that some ladies have done reviews on them so they do exist... You could also see this file to a thumb drive and have it printed out at the printer shop... Sorry I couldn't be of more help! I hope you have a lovely week! :)

      Delete