Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"Spring Collection" of Cleaning Product Recipes ~ Free Printable


Not only are homemade cleaners more affordable, they are also safer for your family. The amount of toxins that we are exposed to daily is phenomenal. Why add to the heavy load when we can easily prepare products that are gentler on our homes and health.


For example, instead of using harsh bleach in our cleaning, consider a spray bottle filled with 3% hydrogen peroxide as an alternative (they use this in hospitals).

To sanitize countertops after cooking with raw meats, eggs or poultry, spray pure vinegar on the exposed area and follow by a spray of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Let sit a few minutes and wipe clean for a safer disinfectant method. Important Note: Do not combine the two in the bottle or dilute but use as described.


Note: If you have granite countertops, I would advise against using vinegar-based cleaning products on them as it can do something called "etching" (which can leave white marks on your counters). I would substitute the vinegar with hydrogen peroxide in the recipe for all purpose cleaner for granite countertops.


You will find our printable cleaning product recipes HERE. We like to cover ours in plastic sheet protectors in order to prevent damage from spills, etc and store them in our home management binder or our herbalYou may also be interested in pretty labels for your cleaning products. Happy housecleaning, ladies!


"A woman cannot work at dressmaking, tailoring, or any other sedentary employment, ten hours a day, year in and out, without enfeebling her constitution, impairing her eyesight, and bringing on a complication of complaints; but she can sweep, cook, wash, and do the duties of a well-ordered house, with modern arrangements, and grow healthier every year. The times in New England when all women did housework a part of every day, were the times when all women were healthy."
~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

27 comments:

  1. Hi! I really appreciate your printable about natural household cleaners, but I can't seem to download it. Can you help me out? Thanks in advance!!
    Best Regards,
    Sabbath Family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :) Did you happen to find the download button on this post? If so, after you pressed it, did you go into your "download" folder in your computer to see if it was placed inside? If it still isn't there, then you can email me at pleasewritetojes@hotmail.com and I can email you a copy :) I will wait to hear from you :) P.S. I did attempt to download it from my end and it worked so I am at a loss and appreciate you letting me know.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! You just simplified my life so nicely. I am teaching a lesson on natural cleaning for our Keepers of the Home group, and this is exactly what I needed! I found you through FAR's Domestically Divine link-up, and I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to hear from a fellow "Keepers of the Home" mother :)

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree more with the 3% Hygie and vinegar in separate spray bottles. I love that quote and KNOW that is why I stay fit at 61~
    Love to you all!!!! Wish we could meet half-way on a lovely, sunny, wooded glade and have a tea together! God bless you and your family and little pug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fit at 61, that is a goal of mine!!! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  4. I love this! Well you know me I love everything you post ;) Your such an inspiration! Thank you for making these available!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sweet friend :)

    Your posts are so enlightening - thank you for sharing such wisdom! I always leave your blog with some new tid bit of information. And thank you for the free labels - you are such a dear!

    I hope your day is blessed.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great, thank you so much for posting them. Followed you here from the Natural Living Link Up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can use them Joyce! Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the great printable recipes! I am going to pin it for possible use for our homemakers group this summer. I do make most of my own cleaners but haven't really written out recipes for them so this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even professional cleaners should also use best products and tools for cleaning and make the home fresh and clean. Thanks for your materials.

    Housekeeping Chandler AZ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this functional and attractively presented list of home cleaners and tips! I've been meaning to compile something like this from the articles I've been pinning, but can never seem to find the time. I do have a question, though - any chance we can download the pretty cover pictured at the beginning of the post, to go on top of the download? ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! You will find that in the printables above in the HOME MANAGEMENT BINDER PRINTABLE since it is a tab in that resource :) Hope this helps!

      Delete
  10. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information
    Carpet Cleaning Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never used hydrogen peroxide for cleaning; I'm excited to try it! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it also works as a mild/all natural bleach in your washing machine (just don't mix with bleach).

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for posting these natural remedies for cleaning. I'm excited to try the infused vinegar with lemon and one with rose petals. Will let you know how they do after 4 weeks. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can not download these :( I see no download button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! :) The link at the top of the "printable menu" should take you to Scribd which is the company who offers this download service for free. You can sign up with your email. Or, email me at pleasewritetojes@hotmail.com and I will email you the PDF files directly. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am working on a more user friendly program to work with. In the meantime, I look forward to your email. Thanks! JES :)

      Delete
  14. I can not download these, I see no download button, Also some of the others for the homemakers binder. I am not subscribed to Scribd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! :) The link at the top of the "printable menu" should take you to Scribd which is the company who offers this download service for free. You can sign up with your email. To make it easier, simply email me at pleasewritetojes@hotmail.com and I will email you the PDF files directly. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am working on a more user friendly program to work with. In the meantime, I look forward to your email. Thanks! JES :)

      Delete
  15. When someone writes an article he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of 
    it. So that's why this piece of writing is perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for offering your files for free. Unfortunately, I cannot download these. All I get is a "no access to file" 😣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I am so sorry for that! Google did some updates which changed ALL my links. I went in and fixed this one. It should work now. Please let me know if it does for you :)

      Delete