I LOVE chocolate. I mean, I really love it! I consider it God's gift to women and if our husbands would like some as well, then of course we will share (wink)! Wasn't it said in the beginning that...
"I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."
~ Genesis 1:29
And… chocolate is made from the "seed" of a cocoa plant. There you have it! The evidence at its scientific best. Well, if someone wants to be really specific they would probably tell me that it is not the plain chocolate I eat but the kind with sugar in it that I am actually enjoying…
Well, to those who would like to rain on my philosophical parade, I simply say that sugar is made from sugar cane which is a plant. (Yes, I am having fun with this! Of course I won't let my children read this sinful entry…)
Indulgence in a bit of chocolate is surely a treat but gluttony is a sin so I do keep that in mind when enjoying my little piece of heaven on earth. Also, if you feel this posting is a bit on the silly side, just remember there is a "time to laugh" (Ecclesiastes 3:4). But honestly, dark chocolate (the higher the percentage of cacao the better) is actually good for you!
- Dark chocolate contains large amount of anti-oxidents
- Dark chocolate helps balance certain hormones in the body
- Dark chocolate can help lower blood pressure
- Dark chocolate can help to lower cholesterol
- Dark chocolate contains serotonin which acts as a antidepressant
Favorite Chocolate Recipes:
- Blended Chocolate Mocha Frappe (Frugal with Healthy Options)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (Revised and Somewhat Healthier Recipe and History)
- Chocolate "Cup of Gold" Candy Bar (Healthy and Satisfying!)
- Chocolate Dream "Cream" Filled Cake (Unhealthy but Delicious!)
- Chocolate Surprise Cookies (One of Our Favorite Cookie Recipes)
Incidentally, dark chocolate is my weapon of choice… What about you?
This post may be shared with some or all of the following link-ups: The Art of Home-Making Mondays, Modest Mom Monday's, Monday's Musings, Make Your Home Sing Monday, Good Morning Mondays, The Scoop, Titus 2sdays, Titus 2 Tuesdays, Tuesdays with a Twist, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman Link Up, Homestead Blog Hop, Wow Us Wednesdays, Coffee and Conversation, Homemaking Thursdays, Home Sweet Home, Our Simple Homestead, From the Farm Blog Hop, Front Porch Friday Blog Hop, Awesome Life Friday Link Up, Five Star Frou Frou Friday, Simply Natural Saturdays and Clever Chicks Blog Hop. Thank you lovely ladies for hosting these.