Monday, January 28, 2013

Doth $afely Trust in Her? ~ A True Story



It all started 15 years ago when her clock broke. Being the new daughter-in-law in the family, I jumped at the chance to bond with my mother-in-law. I quickly informed her that we now have an excuse to go shopping! She looked up and said softly, "Oh, I'm just going to purchase a clock kit and repair it".

A clock kit? Repair it? Did they make such antiquity and where would you find such things?

I proceeded to casually glance at the subject matter. Definitely not an heirloom or anything else of special interest, it was simply a basic kitchen clock. This was all very interesting…



To find out what happened next, continue reading at Deep Roots at Home, where I am guest posting today...

9 comments:

  1. This was great!! I am doing so much better at our family finances than where I was when my husband and I first got married. But I love what you say, that as a result of the love she had for her husband, she make an effort to spend $$ wisely. Such a nugget of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Stacie! And yes, I have learned a lot from my mother in law and other older women in my life. They are a treasure trove of help!

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderfully thought-provoking post!
    I'm so glad to have found your blog through Deep Roots at Home. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went over to Deep Roots At Home and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. It was a blessing and inspiration to me - thank you for sharing!

    Hugs and blessings to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jes, Isn't amazing how easy it is to buy instead of repairing it on owr own even when we are capable? Our society wants easy fix in any cost. What a treasure it is to have parents that thought us a treasure of hard work. Blessing to you and your mother-in-law. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our society is teaching, the "easy way" though it is not always the best for our budgets. Good point!

      Delete
  5. I loved this story! I am so glad that I finally realized the beauty of being thrifty and or reusing. :) Thank you for sharing your story :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...