Monday, May 12, 2014

Gift Basket Ideas From the Home and Homestead

photo source

Spring has arrived, full of life, birth and bounty! Here is some gift basket inspiration that you could create with your farm friendly resources, a few thrift shop containers and some of your prettiest recycled glass bottles. You can prepare an attractive presentation for pennies!

photo source

Fresh eggs in a decorative basket makes for a simple but useful gift.  Or, add in some rustic handmade foods and garden produce, and you have a wonderful hostess gift.

photo source

Does someone need cheering up? Prepare a beverage basket. A few pretty mugs*, coffee beans and tins of tea would put a smile on anyone's face! You could even create your own tea blend! Some local, raw honey is a nice finishing touch while a hand embroidered tea towel would certainly be thoughtful.

* Note: A set of two mugs are inexpensive and easy to find at thrift stores. Pick a few up and store them away for those moments you want to create something like this.

photo source

Consider a breakfast basket brimming with fresh squeezed juice, farm fresh milk, sun tea, handmade jams, scones, hard-cooked eggs and fruit. What better way to bless someone's day? Think get well gift or a treat for a new mother!

photo source

A picnic basket prepared for two would make for a romantic wedding anniversary present! Prepare sandwiches with fresh bread and garden produce. Include some homemade beverages and seasonal fruits. 

photo source

Special gifts need not be expensive. Handmade items speaks of thoughtfulness and love. In a society where we have too much of everything (and are running out of space in our homes because of it), consumable gifts are very much appreciated, especially when given from the heart and prepared in the home.

"I am in the habit of looking not so much to the nature of a gift
as to the spirit in which it is offered."
~ Robert Louis Stevenson


22 comments:

  1. What lovely baskets. I too like consumable gifts.
    The kind thoughts are so much more valuable than the gift.
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, less to clutter and very useful and tasty :) Thanks for stopping by Lady Locust!

      Delete
  2. Every time I see a picnic basket I want to buy it, so I may just do that after seeing your idea for anniversary celebrations. What a cute gift idea. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jes, I think this is one of those posts that help me to start thinking of gift ideas that speak Homemade and the bounty of a keeper of the home!
    I am going to start making up a few pre-started baskets of items I have!
    I always have fresh eggs and jelly, just make up a loaf of bread and that would be simple yet yummy!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds perfect and would bless anyone Roxy!

      Delete
  4. I love homemade gifts! I have done the picnic basket gift before and that was fun to give. This was a very inspirational post!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it is fun to receive too :) Someone gave us one before and we used it all the time!

      Delete
  5. Great and inspiring ideas. Our pastor's wife is very good at doing this kind of thing. When we went through a rough time of my aunt being hospitalized for almost two months, she made me a gift basket using a Clementine box. It was too cute and much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea too and sounds like a wonderful woman! Thanks for sharing Kim :)

      Delete
  6. Hi! I'm visiting for the first time via Wow Us Wed. What lovely baskets! Each and every one is just gorgeous and so special. They are beautiful and so is your photography :)
    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Diana! However, the photos are not mine as I have listed the source under each one. I love the photography as well!

      Delete
  7. Great ideas and presentation. I never tire of giving or receiving a gift basket packed full of seasonal or regional goodies. A unique presentation just makes it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such fabulous ideas for gift baskets and they look so pretty :) Thank you, my dear JES, for sharing with us. Sometimes I can't think of ideas for gift basket giving and thanks to this post you have given me many.

    Enjoy your upcoming weekend! Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's something about gift baskets--i.e. a collection of similar items--that really appeals to me. I haven't put any together for years, but the ones you feature here are inspiring. I love the breakfast basket--both the idea and the wire/burlap.
    Thanks for inviting me to your link-up, JES. I don't have time to do link ups on a regular basis anymore, but I wouldn't have missed your new link up. May God bless it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. JES ~ I wholeheartedly agree with you in regards to the practicality, thoughtfulness and consumption factor in making gift baskets. We are a gift basket making family, especially on special occasions. We love doing gift baskets at Christmas time filling them with Christ-centered gifts and scripture. See here: http://smithseasonsoflife.blogspot.com/2012/11/simple-gifts-for-christmasjoy-filled.html as our children are a big part of the making process.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  11. The silverware caddy is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I am a bit partial to the metal and burlap basket myself :)

      Delete
  12. Oh, I remember these from last year! I enjoyed the post then and I enjoyed seeing it again. So glad you shared this with Roses of Inspiration. I hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. JES,I SO ENJOYED THIS POST! I LOVE GIVING GIFT BASKETS SO I'M ALWAYS ON THE LOOK OUT.
    IN FACT,I JUST FOUND THE CUTEST LITTLE VEGGIE GROCERY BAGS SHAPED LIKE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES THAT I PLAN ON MAKING A BASKET WITH AND WILL TIE IN WITH "THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT"

    IT WAS NICE VISITING WITH YOU!
    JOY! DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your site! Love, Love, love these ideas! I love gift giving, but often need some “inspiration”! 😉 Love!

    ReplyDelete