Friday, March 14, 2014

Mr. McGregor's (Peter Rabbit's) Seed Packets ~ Free Printable


Truth be known, Mrs. Rabbit's garden was planted with seeds harvested by Peter Rabbit, which he procured on one of his mysterious outings in the woods. If only she knew! Yet, the woods were a place of foraging and foraging it was to a little rabbit of Peter's mind.


"First he ate some lettuces and some French beans;
and then he ate some radishes..."
~ Beatrix Potter, The Tale of Peter Rabbit


It is very clear that he came across quite a bit of produce! There were the lettuces, french beans, radishes and of course, the parsley to calm his upset stomach. And then there were the cucumbers, cabbages and onions which also made themselves available.


"And then, feeling rather sick, he went to look for some parsley..."

~ Beatrix Potter, The Tale of Peter Rabbit




"But round the end of a cucumber frame, 
whom should he meet but Mr. McGregor!..




Mr. McGregor was on his hands and knees planting out young cabbages,
but he jumped up and ran after Peter,
waving a rake and calling out,
'Stop thief!'"
~ Beatrix Potter, The Tale of Peter Rabbit



Like Mr. McGregor, there is one frustration I had with this little project. The back side of the seed packets share an appropriate excerpt from the book. However, I didn't think to give the text enough room at the top so when you fold over your packet, it covers some of the verse. Being a busy wife and mother, I just couldn't redo them all and so I apologize for that (here the author releases a sorrowful sigh). However, a dear reader mentioned this help, "the top can be tucked inside and glued as well as outside".



If you are interested, here are the printable packets for your supply of seeds. There are *15 different vegetables* (plus chamomile) included along with *one blank printable* that you can customize.

Gardening with Peter Rabbit by Jennie Walters

These can be used to store your surplus, be given as gifts, make a fun craft for little ones or encourage a young gardener to begin their own journey in the soil. A nice basket of seeds, garden tools and gardening book would make a lovely present for a child. These seed packets would also make fun favors for an outdoor party. What will you do with yours?


Simple Supplies:
All you need to do is print out our printable, cut around the outline, fold in/glue the back together, insert appropriate seeds and finally glue the top flap shut. The End...

33 comments:

  1. JES, the seed packets are really adorable, and I can't wait to use them. This is just the right time of year to gift a young child with seeds to inspire them to learn gardening skills so I am planning to do just that. I think the top can be tucked inside and glued as well as outside. Thank you, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea, that is a good one about tucking inside :)

      Delete
  2. Hi JES, these seed packets are adorable! I think this is one of my favorite printable's that you have shared. It be fun to give these to to my nephews and nieces who LOVE to garden :)

    Thanks, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be perfect! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  3. What an adorable printable! As an aside, Target has some adorable Peter Rabbit items (coloring books, puzzles, books) in the dollar spot right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those dollar spots! Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  4. These are so cute! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these seed envelopes! The little ones and I are going to an heirloom seed swap tomorrow at a friends and these will be perfect to take our seeds home in. I also got my Peter Rabbits Garden book in the mail this week so we are excited to do some projects. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't thank you enough, these are adorable and perfect for my daughters Easter Peter Rabbit Dinner.. I will make them for her to decorate and give out.. You are so kind and generous and talented.. see, I can't thank you enough:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear these will be used!!! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  7. please advise .. for some reason I cannot print these or download them in a printable size ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the operating system doesn't work for some people I am finding out. You can email me at (with your email) pleasewritetojes@hotmail.com and I will email you a PDF copy of this printable and any others you would like. Sorry for the glitch! I am working on a better system... Will wait for your email ~ JES

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing these cute packets. It will be fun to use these for our seeds, or as you say as a gift. I hope you have a great day, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your seed packets are adorable! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful printable. Thank you so much for sharing !

    Blessings to you,
    Wilma. Shabby Royale.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for these beautiful packets and other printables, Peter Rabbit was one of my favorites as a child.....it will be a pleasure using them.....Thanks again......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to comment with kind words :) I am glad you can use them!!

      Delete
  12. Hello..I just found your site and fell in love with these seed packest and was hoping to print some and thank you..
    but Scrbd says I am already a member..(must have been years ago..) and unfortunately I don't know the password and it is not letting me change it..do you know of another way to be able to print them?
    Many thanks..Monique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, send me your email at pleasewritetojes@hotmail.com and I will email you the PDF file :)

      Delete
  13. Thank you!
    I just sent you an email..so nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jes, these are just adorable! I'm making a little hamper of seedlings for my granddaughters, and these will be perfect for the idea I have to label them. Thanks so much, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful! Would love to see pictures when done :)

      Delete
  15. These would be wonderful for my daughter's Beatrix Potter baby shower this spring. I was wondering if you could email me the file, too? I am sending you a message. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I have sent you the PDF's... Hopefully you received them! Have a lovely week :)

      Delete
  16. You are so talented and make such pretty printables! Thanks JES, for sharing on the Homestead Blog Hop! I pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks!! I love my seed packets. Sending seeds to my sis with handmade soap, & these are so adorable. I just use a bit of pretty washi tape to clise the packet, so you can still lift the flap to read what's under it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tried to download them but they were not there Please can someone reload them I would love to have them. I'm sure there are others who would love to have them also. Thank you so much for your help it is greatly appreciated. May God bless and keep you and your family Renee M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there Renee, I just checked and they are still there... Did you click the "printable" link under the "simple supply" list at the bottom of the post? It should take you to the Google document printable.... Hope this helps!

      Delete
  19. These are just enchanting. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much. I'll be sending a link to your page to a friend who had grandkids

    ReplyDelete