Monday, January 27, 2014

Lemon Broccoli and Bow-ties Pasta Recipe ~ Citrus Series


Did you plant broccoli this year? Perhaps you stocked up at a Farmer's Market? In any case, here is a delicious vegetarian recipe that my sister-in-law shared with me, which I would like to pass on to you. It also co-stars the lemon which makes it a perfect addition to our citrus series this winter.

If you love a quick dinner dish, this is it! The original recipe is from the "Barefoot Contessa" (you can find it here). We simply added more broccoli and used less pasta when we prepared ours. We also excluded the pine-nuts (too expensive) and utilize whatever pasta we have on hand (hence the spiral in this picture). The parmesan cheese, however, is a must in my humble opinion. Bon Appétit ladies!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm droolin' now. Your dish looks so good. We love broccoli, and I did plant quite a few plants - but we are broccoli pigs and have had to buy it from the grocery since a couple of months after the harvest. I need to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Simple and delicious! My favorite kind of meal to make and eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very good!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! This would be perfect for our lunch today :) Thank you, JES, for sharing. Have a blessed Monday!

    ReplyDelete