Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Free Printable Labels for Nuts and Seeds ~ Pantry Series


"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."
~ Genesis 1:29

Our first foods in the Garden of Eden certainly deserve their own spot in the limelight. We store the majority of our nuts and seeds in the freezer (to keep them from going rancid), however, a smaller amount can safely be kept in airtight containers for quick snacks and such.


We went "round" on these labels because we store them in jars. However, they can still be used in the traditional way (affixed to the front). We continued the floral theme in order to coordinate them with our basic pantry labels.


I am rather addicted to the plastic caps. They turn every canning jar into a convenient storage container. Would you like to label a set for your pantry?


Simply download and/or print for FREE from the link HERE. You can either print them out on plain paper, cut to size and affix to your containers with glue (or decoupage) or print them out on sticker paper and cut to size. If you choose the first route, you may want to place a piece of packing tape or clear contact paper over each label to protect them.


These simple, organizational projects are a fun way to sprinkle love into ordinary spaces. They help to turn a humble house, into a home sweet home.


"Her spirit (the wife) gives the home its atmosphere. Her hands fashion its beauty. Her heart makes its love. And the end is so worthy, so noble, so divine, that no woman who has been called to be a wife, and has listened to the call, should consider any price too great to pay, to be the light, the joy, the blessing, the inspiration of a home."
~ J.R. Miller (1840 - 1912)


You will find our "Basic Pantry Labels" here and our "Seasonings, Spices and Such" set here.  I invite you to subscribe to this blog (located on the sidebar) in order to keep updated on future homemaking printables.

20 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Jes! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful - Thank you! I could use a few of these. I found you on Simple Living Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and useful! You are very kind and thoughtful to offer these free labels - thank you, dear Jes :)

    Have a beautiful first day of May. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I have sent a hug back!

      Delete
  4. I've been pretty hooked on those plastic caps for a while too! Thank you for more lovely labels :o) Blessings, ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I'm not the only one! I wonder sometimes… :) Hope you can use them! Love, JES

      Delete
  5. What pretty labels! I had no idea there were plastic lids for mason jars. That would be nice and keep things more fresh.
    I would love if you would share this at my link party. http://www.realcoake.com/2013/05/real-family-fun-12.html
    Take care,
    KC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KC, Yes, the plastic lids are my new "toy". If you are a fan of mason jars, you will love them :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you, I use lots of seeds to make sauces, and you've got a label for them all! Awesome! I did not know about the lids either, bonus! Have an super day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dallena! It is nice to hear from you. I am wondering what kind of sauces you make? And the lids, they are awesome. You can find them in Walmart by the plastics I believe or Amazon. Don't know which is more affordable since I haven't boughten any in a while. Have a wonderful week and happy homemaking! Love, JES :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Jes! A type of "cheezy" sauce made with cashews and sunflower seeds. White "gravy" with cashews as well. Brazil nuts for pie crusts. Almonds, and flax seed for a healthy patty, etc. My dear husband had really high cholesterol, so we eat these as alternatives. I will have to look at Walmart for those lids, they were about 50 cents each on amazon. And it's Friday! Yay! =)

      Delete
    3. Wow, I need to get more creative in the kitchen! I do add seeds into my bread dough (does that count?)… Hope you find them and like them :) Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for replying back! And yes~ YAY it is Friday!!!

      Delete
    4. Oh yes, I've already printed out a trial set. =). I'm not good about putting them into bread, I should try that! Hugs!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I should really label all of my jars with something other than a sharpie. One day. Keep up the fabulous posts.

    Katie
    www.simplefoody.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, don't be too hard on yourself ;) We are all in different ages and stages of life and children. These are just some fun ideas :) A sharpy is a handy homemaking tool too!

      Delete
  8. Very pretty labels! I didn't know about the plastic caps!!

    We'd love it if you would link this post to the Creative HomeAcre Blog Hop!
    http://acultivatednest.com/2013/05/the-creative-homeacre-blog-hop/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been using some of your other jar labels since finding your blog last year and love them. I can't wait to get these printed, also. Thanks so much! Have a great Home-Making Monday!

    ReplyDelete