Monday, March 12, 2012

Storing Seasonal Items


“Plan your action, keep it simple, and get into motion.” 

I have a very creepy, crawly attic. It is alarming to even think of storing goods up there. However, with limited space, I must utilize this area as it is a blessing. What I came up with is plastic blanket storage bags. These won out over plastic tote boxes and cardboard boxes because they zip up and do not allow for creatures to crawl inside and get comfortable.  What is also nice is that they are affordable, stackable, re-usable and clear so that you can see the contents. (I had tried the space saver bags but found them a pain when needing to use the contents, locate the contents and they really weren't stack friendly in my opinion.)


The other seasonal storage I found to be useful was our luggage. Let's face it, we really don't travel much. And if we do, I simply dump the contents into a laundry basket and replace them when we get home. It's not rocket science but they already take up space so why not utilize them? They zip up nice and tight making them bug proof for the most part. They also have wheels which makes them appealing for the heavier items you want to store.


What are some of the ways that you store your goods?

2 comments:

  1. I ran into the same problems as you did with the space bags. Thanks for the link to the blanket storage bags. Your blog is so helpful to this younger homemaker. :) -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete