Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Daydreaming at Home ~ Snippets

Sometimes I daydream as I make my home. I’d like to think Louisa May might have tidied up and scrubbed the floor as I have, or Ma might have baked a few batches of bread that wasn’t quite perfect as I’ve done or that Mrs. Tittlemouse might have had a little cabinet just like this... with dried chilies dancing merrily above a shelf of filled mason jars.

The world may feel weird right now but home is still what you make of it.

๐ŸŒถ ๐Ÿงบ ๐Ÿ…

“...aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.”

~ 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12




11 comments:



  1. “...aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.”

    ๐Ÿ’™

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have beautiful roses! I have been finding more peace at home than anywhere else - and appreciating it more as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tune you set in your home is the tune your family will carry with them thru their day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes Jes,
    Perfect scripture and lovely little snippet. With these very different times, “home” is such a comforting word.
    Blessings Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post has helped me refocus.
    Thanks!๐ŸŒป

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh JES♡
    Your blog never ceases to bless and inspire...your love for homemaking is so beautiful and encouraging!
    This is one of my favourite scriptures...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! Love this scripture, and also what you mentioned JES ~ home is still what you make of it. Thank you for the reminder! Your little cabinet is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That verse is one that has been on my heart lately. With so many voices in the world clamoring for attention, I think we do well to just mind our own business and set about the work God has given us. What a blessing that we can create the culture of our homes. I used to be told I lived in a dream world, as a young, aspiring homemaker, but it didn't deter me. I knew it was just as you said: home is what you make of it. And just so you know, the 1995 Pride and Prejudice soundtrack most certainly plays in my mind when I go for walks around the ranch ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this homey post. A balm in this weary world. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to daydream too while cleaning up. Especially laundry time. Thanks for this post. I needed to read the verse today.

    ReplyDelete