Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Baking Sheet Bliss ~ Organizing Your Bakeware


One of the first things I situate in my kitchen when moving into a new home is the bakeware. They require the tallest cupboard and are often the awkwardest things to organize (especially when dealing with older homes). Would you like to join me as I tackle this little project? Perhaps yours can use some tidying too?


When the perfect area is chosen, wipe everything down with a vinegar and water solution. Make sure it dries well before you begin. If the area is really dingy, you may consider painting the interior of the cupboard.

Once clean and fresh, place a sheet of contact paper down to make everything nice and pretty.


The last item I recommend is a rack of sorts. My sister-in-law found mine at Lowe's which is made by Rubbermaid. I wasn't able to locate the exact one on Amazon for you to see but these came close. The key is to organize pans by like-kinds and sort into position by size. I placed my trays next to the cookie sheets because they are similar dimensions (these were placed to the right of the rack in the cupboard since there wasn't enough room for them on the rack itself).

Note: Try and purchase the same brand (or size) on all your bakeware so that they nest conveniently inside each other for storage purposes.



It is so nice to bake in an organized kitchen! It is well worth those five minutes… Are you in the mood to organize further? Here are some silverware/utensil drawer ideas along with a laundry room makeover and pantry inspiration.

"Of all those acquirement's which more particularly belong to the feminine character, there are none which take a higher rank, in our estimation, than such as enter into a knowledge of household duties."
~ Isabella Beeton, The Book of Household Management, 1861

13 comments:

  1. My kitchen is from the 50's and all my cupboards are those metal ones! Dingy in some places and not in others. Well thank goodness the woman who designed this kitchen knew the importance of having a tall organized cupboard specifically for pans and cooling racks! It also has metal rods or dividers for all the pans! Very custom for it's day! Still very functional!:) this post helped me to appreciate my out dated kitchen a little bit more!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, la la… Yes, that is nice! I am dealing with an old farm kitchen with various issues but I think it all worked out in the end... with paint, elbow grease, shelf paper, and a lot of love :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jes, Your cupboard looks terrific. I'll be watching out for one of those racks here in Australia. My bakeware cupboard is not too bad but the dividing rack would make all the difference. I'm inspired. Thank you so much.
    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how the little things can make a difference, I hope you come across something :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this post, JES! My bake ware is always falling over and it's frustrating to get them out since everything is stacked on top of each because I have limited cupboard space - now I'm ready to go organize! Thank you, friend!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the stacked tower of baking sheets was always a trial for me too! I *love* my little rack... and I DO know about limited cupboard space my friend :) but less to clean as they say :)

      Delete
  4. I could stand to do this, too. It is in a hard to access cabinet, which makes it difficult, but it is good exercise for me ;) keeping me young and strong, right?? I like the idea of the holder/divider to keep things upright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upright is a blessing in many areas of life… from cookie sheets to character :)

      Delete
  5. My baking supplies are under my oven in the warming drawer, in cupboard, in the pantry and in the basement in my pantry there...I could probably stand to find a rack and organize them a little better! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really helpful! Thanks so much for sharing. I am inspired to find a better solution for my baking pans!
    Tina from mommynificent.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to keep my cookware and bakeware organized is like trying to do laundry with a three year old boy. This looks like it may work for me. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello found you through The Encourage One Another Wednesdays. I'm organizing mine home. I do a fall clean-up in preparations of the Holiday's. Love the information you shared.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete