"The fresh, starched white curtains moved softly in the wind, at the open window. The scrubbed board walls and the floor were a soft yellow-gray. A bouquet of grass flowers and windflowers that Carrie had picked and put in the blue bowl on the table, seemed to bring springtime in... "
~ Laura Ingalls Wilder, Little Town on the Prairie
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemaking, homeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!
~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!
* Please visit and leave some comment love
for a few of our features from last week's link up: *
1. Summertime Vegetable Fritters by The Daisy Fields ~ These are the kind of recipes I love to use in the summer for our garden harvests! So simple yet tasty!
2. Fresh Strawberry Syrup by Olla-Podrida ~ This is a quick recipe that can make all sorts of foods special! The picture lured my tastebuds in!
3. How to Wake up to a Clean Kitchen by Young Homemakers ~ I can't remember a time where I went to sleep with a dirty kitchen. I simply can't sleep knowing it is lurking in the shadows and the morning cup of coffee just isn't as enjoyable! Do take the time to do these steps and it will quickly become a happy homemaking habit! :)
4. How to Grow Peas by Happily Homegrown ~ This is a wonderfully detailed posts on growing peas! If you have never planted anything, you can surely follow this step by step tutorial! Give peas a chance :)
5. Vintage Baby Cribs on the Porch by Penny's Vintage Treasures ~ I love this idea and have a sweet creamy painted distressed crib from my baby days. Now I know what I will eventually do with it! One day, when the nest is empty, I will enjoy creating a whimsical porch like Penny!
In other news, I have been working on making the switch for this blog's printables to Google Docs since so many had troubles with the last program. Our latest addition is the "Keeper at Home" ~ Home Management Binder. Happy homemaking!
We are also currently running a special HERBAL LINK UP featuring ROSE HIPS. If you have any posts relating to ROSE HIPS, please share with us (link up ends March 31, 2016)! If you would like to find out some wonderful ways to use ROSE HIPS, I also encourage you to visit this post for some herbal inspiration! So far we have women sharing information on how to forage for rose hips, what they are good for, how to make syrups, bath time tea blends, herbal tea blends and even how to use them in seasonal home decor!
On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share!
Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!
This post may be shared with some or all of the following link-ups: The Art of Home-Making Mondays, Modest Mom Monday's, Monday's Musings, Make Your Home Sing Monday, Good Morning Mondays, The Scoop, Titus 2sdays, Titus 2 Tuesdays, Roses of Inspiration, Tuesdays with a Twist, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman Link Up, Homestead Blog Hop, Wow Us Wednesdays, Coffee and Conversation, Homemaking Thursdays, Home Sweet Home, Our Simple Homestead, From the Farm Blog Hop, Front Porch Friday Blog Hop, Awesome Life Friday Link Up, Five Star Frou Frou Friday, Simply Natural Saturdays and Clever Chicks Blog Hop. Thank you lovely ladies for hosting these. Painting by Colin Campbell Cooper.