Monday, January 12, 2015

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #35

"The house was clean and there was a smell of cooking in the air... A cake-- the spices filling the kitchen with richness-- sat on the table. Beans bubbled in a pan, a roast was cooking in the oven. It felt like home; like a place some woman loved..."
~ Loula Grace Erdman, Excerpt from The Wide Horizon

There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemaking, homeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* Today we are featuring our favorite 3 posts from Last Week *

{I would love for you to choose at least one of these hand-picked posts and leave some comment love!}


1. When I Wear My Apron by Darling Downs Diaries ~  I love the practical encouragement that the author gives and the wonderful things that can happen when you put on your apron! {Note: If you enjoyed this featured article, you may also be interested in reading our post on "Apron Armor".}

2. Kitchen Update by Penny's Vintage Home ~ If you desire some kitchen inspiration, you will want to enter Penny's beautiful home. I love the new repurposed curtains she put up! I think you will too :)

3. Save Money by Buying Whats on Sale and When this Year by Faith Filled Food for Moms ~ Shari Lynne shares some excellent information on when is the best time to purchase and stock up on products during the year for the best deals (such as pantry items, school supplies, dairy products, etc.). She also includes a printable to place in your homemaking binder or monthly to-do-lists. I learned so much from this post!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update/News:

Wildcrafting Wednesday The People‚Äôs Choice Awards  

In other news, our post on Medicine Making Supplies has won the "The People’s Choice Award" at Wildcrafting Wednesdays along with two other wonderful entries. I just wanted to thank all of you who took the time to vote. I really appreciated that! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


34 comments:

  1. Oooooh, fun! I will have to pop over and check out some of those features! I especially love getting a glimpse of someone else's kitchen! Thanks for hosting today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Even if we don't have the same budget, we call always pick up ideas :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on winning the People's Choice Award! And I have to say all of the winners had really good posts. I especially like the image in your post today; That drop-leaf table is so practical and functional, and I think the homemaker must be in the process of making a pie. (Well, it's obvious isn't it, with the cream and sugar crocks and all. :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed the other two winning entries as well! I am glad you like the painting. It is one of my favorites so far :) I do believe it is a pie, perhaps current?

      Delete
  3. Hi JES, that so much for the party and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing here today! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for hosting another lovely link up, JES. And a huge "Congratulations!" on winning the People's Choice Award!
    Blessings,
    ~Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for casting your vote on all of the sites! :)

      Delete
  5. I’m excited to join this party. This week I’m sharing how we use dehydrated potatoes for our hash browns as well as how I *FINALLY* learned how to make a delicious homemade soft & moist sandwich bread, and also the reason we bother with this homesteading thing in the first place. ;-) Love the hop, thanks for hosting!

    ~Taylor-Made Homestead~
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading! Thanks for sharing with us :)

      Delete
  6. Hi JES, Well deserved award......congratulations! Thank you so much for featuring my apron curtains this week, I am linking up another completed section of the kitchen today, I hope everyone isn't tired of looking at my kitchen! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny and thank you for sharing with us. I don't think I can ever tire of that pretty kitchen :)

      Delete
  7. Good morning, JES! Thank you, my dear, for hosting such a wonderful party that blesses many :) I am off to do a little visiting....

    Happy Monday! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jes. I loved When I Wear My Apron. Such a great post. Thanks for the party and have a great week! ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to visit our features Nancy! :) May your week be wonderful too!

      Delete
  9. ♫♫♪♪ Good Monday morning to you, JES! ♪♫♫♪
    Thank you for hosting this great blog party! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cheery greeting!! Those music notes are so neat!! Thanks for the smile :)

      Delete
  10. Happy Monday Jes! Thank you so much for featuring my Sales Cycle post! I hope that your readers save tons of money this year with it! Blessings to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too!!! :) Thanks for sharing with us every week!

      Delete
  11. Good Morning JES!
    Thank you again for a lovely party and allowing me to join in.
    I look forward to paying some visits with these dear ladies.

    Have a beautiful Monday!

    Joy to you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining us Debbie. I always LOVE visiting your encouraging blog!

      Delete
  12. Good Day Dear Jes! I was very excited to be a part of this Link Up this morning! I was motivated to write a post hat was dear to my heart! I do enjoy reading the other ladies ideas and feel a bond as homemakers! We are all just learning more each day and year!
    Blessings to you!!! Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Roxy :) Thanks for taking the time to visit!

      Delete
  13. JES...Congrats, friend, on your people choice award! That is so awesome! And I'll check out your features this afternoon. Thank for hosting and hoping you have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi! I also appreciate you visiting the features! :)

      Delete
  14. Congrats on your win! What a lovely way to start the new year!

    Thanks for the party and hope you have a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was fun! Thank you for taking the time to cast your vote last week :)

      Delete
  15. Little late but I'm here! Thanks for hosting.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to what you got cookin' this week! :)

      Delete
  16. Thanks, JES, for hosting, as always. I'm late, but I'm heading over to check out some of the link-ups now. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never, we love to have you either way! Thanks for joining us in your busy schedule!

      Delete
  17. I still think you have the prettiest blog of anyone I know...I'm hoping to do some sort of re-do soon with my daughter's help...but now I need to pay her :) She really should be using her time to put some money up in savings, so I'm willing. I'm glad we can all share our posts here...thank you, friend!
    God bless you oodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you, I am glad you feel comfortable and cozy on your visits here :) And I am sure your daughter would love to help you though I think it is pretty as is!!! :) But sometimes we get that itch to redecorate don't we?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...