Monday, June 20, 2016

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up 110


"Domesticity gives us the opportunity to express ourselves, and the gentle arts are the most satisfying and achievable means of doing so. Domesticity frees our minds and hands and eyes to enjoy often neglected and undervalued skills, textiles, color, textures, patterns and comforts, all of which can bring pleasure to both the domestic artist and those around her."

There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc). ~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!


~ Today we are sharing a "post from the past" ~

{This is where I feature a post from the link up archives that I have tried and appreciated.}


Block 1: Gentle Domesticity by Jenny of Elefanz (Archive Date: January 2016)

I love doing basic embroidery (and trust me when I say my skill level is also very basic!). I think it is because you don't need to measure and cut, you simply get to begin the creative process amongst your busy life (and can leave off and come back to it without any deep thinking)! Jenny shared this pattern in January and continues to add each month (you will see my rendition in the photo at the top of the post). The first month the pattern is featured, it is free, so I encourage you to join in as soon as possible if you are interested. I don't quilt so this particular design is going to be framed. The February design she shared (that I am currently working on) is getting stitched directly onto a tea towel (you will know why if you visit here!). The fun part about this series is that the theme is "Gentle Domesticity" and is something close to my heart! If you like these kinds of handwork projects, I encourage you to visit Jenny of Elefanz for further inspiration and homemaking encouragement! 


In other news, we are concluding our 2016 spring series with Beatrix Potter for the season. I hope you enjoyed the whimsical posts as they are quite fun for me to sprinkle in each year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


16 comments:

  1. Your embroidery is simply wonderful, my Lovely Lady, thank you for sharing it with us today !

    Hope your week is off to a good start and grateful more and more for hosting this so beautiful weekly party of yours, I'm sending blessings of joy to you

    xxo - Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning JES,

    I look forward to reading and gleaning the many jewels shared... and hope your week is blessed.

    In Him,
    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first day of Summer, JES! Thank you for hosting your lovely party and enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy knitting and crocheting in the evening as to me they are relaxing to the point of being therapeutic. I'm wondering if embroidery would have the same effect... At any rate, thank you for another home-making party to enjoy. :)
    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy talented folks who can create such beauty with colored threads - the embroidery is beautiful! Looks like we've got some great posts shared this week, can't wait to check them all out. Thanks for hosting the party.

    ~Taylor-Made Homestead~
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your embroidery is beautiful! I really like your choice of colors and fabric, they look so old-fashioned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I wish I knew how to do embroidery. That is such a beautiful talent. Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jes, i was watching a video on youtube and up popped a feature on Beatrix Potters garden, thought you might like to see :)
    It's from 6 minutes in

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FePgADQJMU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How thoughtful! Thank you for thinking of and sharing this with me!
      Love,
      JES :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks a lot for having this lovely party!
    All the best from The Netherlands, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou Jes. I'm a little late this week, but it's lovely to see what everyone has shared. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stitching feature is so pretty! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your block is beautiful, Jes, like your homemaker heart. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Gentle Domesticity design is beautiful. It makes my fingers tingle, wanting to embroider something.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such sweet embroidery! Thank you for hosting...I am a little late to the party :( Wishing you a happy week. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...