Monday, May 23, 2016

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up 106


"If I give you a rose, you will not doubt of God."
~ Clement of Alexander
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc). ~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!


~~ Our monthly features will be shared next week!

But in the meantime, here is a featured "post from the past" ~~

{This is where I will feature a post from the link up archives that I have tried and appreciated.}


DIY ~ Homemade Deodorant by The Locust Blossom (Archive Date: July 2014)

Ever since I read how the aluminum found in most store-bought deoderants is linked to breast cancer, I have been purchasing the all natural deodorant. Embarrassingly, the main brand of "all natural" deodorant did not work for me. This particular brand (Alvera) was the only one I met with success until I found this make-your-own recipe on our link up. The key to all natural deodorants is that you should stop wearing deodorant for at least three days to get your body un-used to the yucky chemical stuff (make sure nothing is planned on those days ladies!!!).  Once that time period is up, try using the natural version. Regarding the recipe shared by the Locust Blossom, I chose 8 drops of lavender essential oil and 8 drops of tea tree (melaleuca) oil. I also purchased these deodorant containers and so far have been able to reuse them. Both my husband and I have successfully been using this recipe for over a year and a half! I encourage you to give it a try too (you will find the recipe here). This is one more important way to remove chemical overload from your body!


I also wanted to congratulate Heather W. for winning the book giveaway! For those of you that were interested and did not win, you can find the book HERE on Amazon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


14 comments:

  1. Good Morning Dearest One and Happy Monday to you !

    May your week be blessed with joy, sending love and smiles to you,
    with sincere thankfulness

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have been really glad to switch to homemade deodorant! It is reassuring to use, and so much cheaper! Thank you as always for hosting the link up, JES :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Monday morning and congrats to Heather! I like feature from the past idea as there is such a difference in actually trying something and thinking it might work.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting this lovely party! Happy Monday! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jes. Glad you like it. We are getting fewer and fewer chemicals in and around our home which is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting and Happy Memorial Day!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for another lovely party! Your blog is always so delightful. I recently printed out some of your Peter Rabbit items to use as favors for a tea party! Thanks you for all the love and sweetness your blog breathes into daily life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how fun! If you have any pictures and are inclined to share, I would love to see them! :)

      Delete
  8. Hello, Good Morning Jes, I always enjoy your parties! Have a blessed long weekend my friend!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Monday! Have a great week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jes for the fun and enjoy the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard this about the aluminum in deodorants as well. I may have to try this DIY deodorant you shared! Thanks for hosting and hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting, JES!
    Blessings, Leigh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...