Monday, March 21, 2016

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #97



"The fresh, starched white curtains moved softly in the wind, at the open window. The scrubbed board walls and the floor were a soft yellow-gray. A bouquet of grass flowers and windflowers that Carrie had picked and put in the blue bowl on the table, seemed to bring springtime in... "
~ Laura Ingalls Wilder, Little Town on the Prairie
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* Please visit and leave some comment love
for a few of our features from last week's link up: *


1. Summertime Vegetable Fritters by The Daisy Fields ~ These are the kind of recipes I love to use in the summer for our garden harvests! So simple yet tasty!

2. Fresh Strawberry Syrup by Olla-Podrida ~ This is a quick recipe that can make all sorts of foods special! The picture lured my tastebuds in!

3. How to Wake up to a Clean Kitchen by Young Homemakers ~ I can't remember a time where I went to sleep with a dirty kitchen. I simply can't sleep knowing it is lurking in the shadows and the morning cup of coffee just isn't as enjoyable! Do take the time to do these steps and it will quickly become a happy homemaking habit! :)

4. How to Grow Peas by Happily Homegrown ~ This is a wonderfully detailed posts on growing peas! If you have never planted anything, you can surely follow this step by step tutorial! Give peas a chance :)

5. Vintage Baby Cribs on the Porch by Penny's Vintage Treasures ~ I love this idea and have a sweet creamy painted distressed crib from my baby days. Now I know what I will eventually do with it! One day, when the nest is empty, I will enjoy creating a whimsical porch like Penny! 


In other news, I have been working on making the switch for this blog's printables to Google Docs since so many had troubles with the last program. Our latest addition is the "Keeper at Home" ~ Home Management Binder. Happy homemaking!


We are also currently running a special HERBAL LINK UP featuring ROSE HIPS. If you have any posts relating to ROSE HIPS, please share with us (link up ends March 31, 2016)! If you would like to find out some wonderful ways to use ROSE HIPS, I also encourage you to visit this post for some herbal inspiration! So far we have women sharing information on how to forage for rose hips, what they are good for, how to make syrups, bath time tea blends, herbal tea blends and even how to use them in seasonal home decor!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


21 comments:

  1. Jes,
    Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great Easter week!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, my wonderful JES, and Happy Spring to you !
    Today I decided to share this last post of mine because it's not only a post of History, but because it allows you to know some ancient Easter traditions which are still alive in some European countries.

    So very grateful for be hosted today too, I wish you a serene new week, darling friend,
    sending blessings to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you this morning JES. Thank you for allowing us to share your space--so nice to meet other likeminded friends here. Hugs from Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello JES, Thank you for hosting this party. Hugs. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting this lovely party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if you have any recipes for a bug spray that contains cedarwood / citronella oils? I used one years ago on the screens and around foundation of the house which helped keep Mosquitos and flys away. I think it was just mixed with distiller water. I have been making your homemade cleaners and love the labels you have with them! Thanks for your great info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great oils for bugs (cedar wood is said to actually kill mosquitoes!!).. Funny you should ask because I am hoping to share a bug repellent recipe for my Mrs. Tittlemouse (Beatrix Potter) Series as she gets too many bug visitors! :) Thank you for sharing that you have used the cleaning recipes and labels! I am happy that all this typing is worth it! :)

      Delete
  7. Hello from the DVD office! (Love how the state government works, don't you.;) I do love this party though, especially today, so I have something to do as I age in line waiting my turn.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the DMV, I am happy to provide a distraction! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, exactly. Auto correct loves me today, too. LOL

      Delete
  8. It's so sweet of you to include my cribs in this weeks features....thank you! Have a blessed week...hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting and have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some wonderful features today, the strawberry syrup looks divine, and I must check out the growing peas post too! Hope you have a blessed and lovely day JES :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the feature! I actually made more of that strawberry syrup over the weekend to use to top pancakes. It was wonderful! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting this party, Jes!
    Have a nice week and a Happy Easter!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello JES,

    Thank you so much for featuring my Veggie Fritters recipe :) I am so excited! Also, thank you for hosting such a lovely link up party each week...this has been such a lovely time to find new blogs and articles to read!

    Wishing you a beautiful first week of Spring!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Jes, Wait how can it be Tuesday already??
    Sorry I am always the last to link up, but I do have good intentions!
    I do hope you have a lovely Easter week and an amazing spring!
    I appreciate your blog and the wealth of great information, I plan on visiting a few other ladies post today!
    Always, Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, JES! It has been so long since I've visited other blogs due to the change-over we did and need for more family time. I've missed you, and so I thought I'd hop over and link up plus say hello! I hope you are doing well in the Lord and that your family is thriving! God bless you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you ever so kindly for the feature! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of great links this week! I'm going visiting!
    Thanks for hostessing.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello dear Jes! Love going through the party links and many fabulous ideas! I wanted to wish you a blessed Easter and happy time with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...