Monday, February 29, 2016

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #94


“What is home? My favorite definition is "a safe place," a place where one is free from attack, a place where one experiences secure relationships and affirmation. It's a place where people share and understand each other. Its relationships are nurturing. The people in it do not need to be perfect; instead, they need to be honest, loving, supportive, recognizing a common humanity that makes all of us vulnerable.” 
~ Gladys M. Hunt, Honey for a Child's Heart
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* Please visit and leave some comment love
for a few of our features from last week's link up: *



1. Honey Bee Notebooking Pages by In All You Do ~ Annette shares 84 FREE note booking pages for your honey bee studies! She also has a free honey bee printable for pre-k children as well as honey bee coloring pages. These would make wonderful supplements for our unit study on bees!

2. Don't Let Perfect be the Enemy of Good by The Rural Economist ~ This is a really good article shedding light on the un-productivity that perfectionism can create. I could relate to this in many areas and was encouraged to forge ahead!

3. Mustard Plaster: Your Recipe for Congestion by Thyme to Embrace Herbs ~ I had always heard of this remedy but never knew how to do it! This will really come in handy for our family pharmacy!

4. Why Aren't My Chickens Laying?! by (Mis)Adventures of a "Born Again" Farm Girl ~ I think the title says it all. The hardest part about owning chickens is when you have to buy eggs! This was a very helpful article.

5. "Mind Your Beez Wax" by The Butt'ry and Book'ry ~ Linny shares a fun post on how to clean and remelt your homegrown beeswax into candles the old fashioned way!

6. Portrait of a Lady: Laura Ingalls Wilder by Sweetly Dreaming of the Past ~ I love reading about the life of Laura. She had gone through some very tough times yet managed to endure and encourage in her sweet stories to us! Do be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for the English translation.


In other news, I have been working on making the switch for this blog's printables to Google Docs since so many had troubles with the last program. Our latest addition is the "The Ways of Her Household: A Modern Day Herbal". This is a binder of household wisdom which contains your favorite recipes and diy's for bath/body, food preservation, home decoration, housecleaning products, laundry room recipes, herbal medicines, pantry products and more. Enjoy putting this together to store all your homemaking how-to in one convenient place!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


18 comments:

  1. I am very happy to be joining the party this week! Thanks for hosting, sweet friend. Hugs and joy to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, my sweetest friend !
    I'm speechless after having seen that I've been featured with last week post about Laura Ingalls ... I'm so honoured, it truly makes my day, believe me, I wholeheartedly thank you, darling JES !

    With so much gratitude for hosting me today too, I wish you a most wonderful day, today, and blessed days to come,
    with so, so much love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting the party Jes and have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Jes,

    Thank you for hosting, I look forward to stopping by the lovely submissions through the week. May your Monday be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning JES, thank you for allowing us to share our blogs with you today.
    Hugs from Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the features, especially from The Butt'ry and Book'ry. Mind Your Beez Wax was one of the best posts I've read in a while.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your header is absolutely my favorite passage of scripture. The old paths are always the best! thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting another wonderful party for us! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for letting me join in this week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to spend my Monday morning here today with all the wonderful posts! Wonderful features, I will be reading some of them that I have not read already! Hope you have a blessed and wonderful day JES!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful to start out the week with so many inspiring bloggers! Thank you for hosting! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou Jess. It's always a wonderful haven here. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went to the post on Laura Ingalls and it is I guess Spainish. Did anyone else have this problem. I looked for a place to turn the script into English but couldn't. Looks like a nice blog but I can't read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I am sorry, I should have mentioned that the main article was written in Italian but if you scroll down, she translates everything into English for us! :)

      Delete
  15. Bonjour Jess. Thanks so much for hosting and many ideas each week! xoxo M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a bit late joining this week, but always love being here! Thank you for hosting this lovely party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...