Monday, February 22, 2016

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #93


“And there are my children!
My darling, precious children!
For their sakes I am continually constrained
to seek after an amended, a sanctified life;
what I want them to become
I must become myself”.
~ Elizabeth Prentiss, Stepping Heavenward
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* Please visit and leave some comment love
for a few of our features from last week's link up: *


1. Free From the Love of Money by Teach the Younger Women ~ Shirley shares a stirring sentiment on appreciating the common things in our lives (the things that really bless!). The pictures alone will inspire you. I was very much in love with this article!

2. No Bake Double Chocolate Cheesecake ~ by Motherhood ~ Ruckus and Rubies ~ This sugar-free dessert looked amazing and easy. I don't do the THM plan, but I can certainly appreciate these kinds of recipes!

3. Purple Puffs and Pearls Necklace ~ Crochet Pattern by Little Treasures ~ Although I don't wear jewelry anymore (besides my wedding ring that is), I am in love with this handmade necklace. It is exquisite, feminine and very vintage! Just lovely!

4. Simple Mason Spice Jars by Simplified Life ~ Victoria shares a practical but pretty way to store her spices. Of course, anything involving a mason jar has my attention! :)

5. Easy Black Bean Dip by A Chat Over Coffee ~ Any time I can add a new recipe to our bean menu, I am happy to do it. This one is very easy and healthy!


In other news, I have been working on making the switch for my printables to Google Docs since so many had troubles with the last program. Our latest addition is the The Peter Rabbit Collection featuring: Peter Rabbit Gift Tags, Peter Rabbit Bookmarks, Peter Rabbit's "Bedtime Blend" Room Spray Recipe, Peter Rabbit's Seed Packets and Peter Rabbit's Tummy Tincture Recipe. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


20 comments:

  1. I LOVE Stepping Heavenward! It was so nice to see an excerpt from that book here today. :) Thank you for the wonderful link-up and for the encouragement I always find here. You are a dear blessing to me, JES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jes,
    Thanks so much for hosting!!
    Have a great week!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, my dear friend and thank you for hosting me today too !
    I'm sharing a post just talking about Spring, but a special Spring ... and another about the biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder, I do admire her so much !
    In the hope that you and your friend will enjoy them,
    I wish you a new week filled with much LOVE,
    sending so dear, big hugs to you
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jes, what a beautiful post that is from Shirley. I found myself nodding in agreement with every single word. A well deserved feature. Thankyou yet again, for all you do to build our little community. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest JES...what a beautiful picture of a momma with her precious little girl! And oh, how I love Stepping Heavenward...it challenges me in ever so many ways, and is filled with such ''food for thought''...so glad you shared an excerpt from the book today! Thank you for your lovely link parties...what a special place your blog has become to me and many others too! With love and blessings...have a joy-filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JES,
    Happy Monday! Your party is such a wonderful, peaceful way to start my week... And so happy to see your Peter Rabbit collection all together - going to give the room spray project a try today :-)
    Thanks you again for hosting...hoping you have a beautiful and blessed week...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Monday, JES!
    Love the quote from Stepping Heavenward. We have a copy and treasure it highly. I'm thinking those must be hand-knitted stockings mama is putting on her girl in the painting. No doubt ladies from earlier times were more accomplished at knitting than I am. I've been working on a pair of socks for over a week, and I'm just now to the heels. They're a piece of work but worth every stitch.
    Have a lovely day!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. JES, Thank you so very much for the feature! Thank you also for hosting the link-up! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear Jes and Happy start of the week!
    What a delightful surprise for me today! Thank you so much for making this Monday special for me! I am honored to be in the featured selection! Hugs, Maya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting Jes and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear JES, so wonderful to start my Monday off here! I always look forward to your quote for the day, and do so love Stepping Heavenward, an incredible book! Congratulations to all the sweet ladies who were featured! Have a blessed and wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter has read Stepping Heavenward - but I have not yet, but I must go add this to my reading pile... have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for featuring my black bean dip, JES! It's an honor and I'm very grateful. Blessings, Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried the No Bake Double Chocolate Cheesecake. My hubby loved it, but the cheesecake layer was stiffer than I would have wished and I will likely play with that layer a bit the next time to see if I can make it a little less so. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my I LOVE Peter Rabbit! Your printables are so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely quote and oh, so true! Thank you for hosting - lovely features! Hope you have a blessed week! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stepping Upward is one of my favorite books. It snowed me under, but has been a challenge to me. And I love your potholders -- such awesome fabric. And a saving, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for the Peter Rabbit printables! Yay I can finally print them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! So glad you are finally able to print them!!! :)

      Delete
  19. Thank you for hosting this great link - up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...