Monday, November 9, 2015

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #78


"The prosaic arts of housekeeping are far more important factors of home happiness than many people without experience imagine. John Ruskin talks to young women of the etymology of the name 'wife'—"What do you think the beautiful word 'wife' comes from?" he asks. "It means 'weaver.' You must either be house-wives or house-moths; remember that. In the deep sense, you must weave men's fortunes, and embroider them, or feed upon them, and bring them to decay. Wherever a true wife comes, home is always around her. The stars may be the canopy over her head, the glow-worm in the night's cold grass be the fire at her feet, but home is where she is; and for a noble woman it stretches far around her,—better than houses with ceilings of cedar, or with paintings of the masters, shedding its quiet light for those who else were homeless."
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* Please visit a few of our features from last week's link up: *


1. Fall Vignettes by Angela Betlewicz ~ Angela shares some beautiful and inspiring fall decoration. I just love her style!

2. 10 Tips to Avoid the Cycle of Depression and Disorganization by A Tray of Bliss ~ If you have that horrible feeling of disarray in the home, Mimi shares a "good talking to"!   I think we all need these types of pep talks once in a while to keep us focused on the practical things that make everything go smoothly.

3. Pumpkin Pie Play Dough by Artful Homemaking ~ Joy is just so creative and has come up with a very fun and very fall playtime project for children. Bring out the cookie cutters and rolling pins!

4. Facing the Future with Jonah by Doorkeeper ~ Renee writes a beautiful piece about that sometimes scary word, the "future". Very inspiring and beautifully written!

5. Double Chocolate Cookies by Barefoot Kentucky ~ Yes, I have that chocolate craving again and I love that this cookie recipe has real food ingredients with a lower sugar count than most. That way you can have more cookies :)

6. A Clean Kitchen by A Pocketful of Blue ~ Just looking at this clean and clutter-free kitchen is giving me the zeal to tackle mine today and do some major streamlining!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


24 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting the link-up, JES. I appreciate your faithfulness! God bless you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweetest JES,
    today I'm sharing a post which shows how much ingenious women are: the poor mothers and wives who remained at their home during the Civil War used tablecloths, sheets and curtains for sewing dresses for them and for their girls and children.

    Let me wish you a blessed new week and a most beautiful month of November,
    with gratitude for hosting me
    Dany


    P.S.: now I'm going to look for the post in which you wrote the recipe for the soup made with the last gifts of the garden, I soon took note of it, but I cannot find this sheet of paper anymore !
    I don't remember the title of the post, but I should find it quite easily ....
    I'll let you know !
    Sending big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found it, thank you !!!!
    Dear love to you
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jes, what a lovely surprise to find you'd featured my post on organising and depression. Thankyou. I think it's an issue that needs more discussion. Thanks again for hosting and have a beautiful week my friend. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour my dear Jes, thanks for hosting another one time. Have a beautiful week. Monika xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting this lovely party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jess again for hosting! I'm always inspired when I come to your blog and am now cleaning my kitchen spotless! You have a wonderful day.
    Vickie
    Vickie's Kitchen and Garden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Monday morning to you, JES! I can't wait to see what everyone is sharing today.
    Thank you for the party and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning...I've just found you via, well, Good Morning Mondays, and I'm so glad I did! As a "keeper of the home" myself, your sweet site resonates so deeply with me. Thank you for hosting this lovely link party...blessings on your home this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Jes for having this blog hop every Monday! Always full of such inspiration and great ideas. Have a fabulous day.
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning...
    Hope you are doing great and enjoying the cooler weather. I am sure you are busy as a bee as we all are. Thanks for the party today. I will visit a few through the day!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the picture you have chosen this week for the party! It is just beautiful! Thank you for hosting ths lovely link party. I always think of the name you have chosen and how appropriate it is. (The Art of Homemaking~it truly is an art form like no other!) Have a beautiful week, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, what a a lovely party! I was drawn here by that glorious button. Red...Off to poke around and make some new friends! I already see some old ones in the comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. JES, thank you so much for featuring my pumpkin pie playdough recipe! And I am so drawn to that clean kitchen photo (one of your other features)—so beautiful! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. JES < thanks again for hosting this great party where woman can join forces to make the world a more Godly and beautiful place to live !
    I loved that kitchen you featured this week - It makes me want to make a greenery wreath to hang above my cooking area. so fresh and inviting ! And I agree that that streamlining is in order here too .
    I have shared your party on the King Maker Blog Facebook page . Thanks again for hosting and blessing to you and yours ! Leticia from King Maker Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting another lovely party Jes! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. JES...Thank you so much for hosting and for sharing your favorite posts. I'm on my way to visit a few of them. Have a blessed week friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi JES, thank you for hosting another lovely party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for featuring my cookies! And thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations to all the special ladies whose posts were highlighted, and especially to my dear friend Cheryl, her post blessed me so much. I enjoyed your opening quote, an excellent one! Thanks for hosting another wonderful linkup, and I pray the Lord is blessing your day today in a special way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Jes. Thank you for hosting this lovely party. It's always a quiet reprieve to visit...maybe you should call it a visit instead of a party! :) Thank you! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello dearest JES! Oh, it is always so wonderful being able to join you at The Art of Homemaking Mondays...your blog is a beautiful place of encouragement and blessing, and your love for homemaking and the Lord shines through all you share!
    I will be back to visit as I have time! Blessings to you and have a wonderful Wednesday further! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...