Monday, October 26, 2015

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #76


When preparing aromatic "logs for the fire you will need only one drop of essential oil per log and only one oil-log per fire. Surprisingly perhaps, this one drop will be enough to provide an aromatic boost... You can use any old wood that happens to be around, but the fire will smell like the wood from which the particular oil was extracted. Simply put 1 drop of a “Firewood” oil onto the log and leave enough time for the oil to soak through before putting it on the fire. The essential oils are inflammable so unless the oil has been given time to soak into the wood a little, you might see more sparks than you bargained for! It is a good idea to prepare several logs at the same time and use them as needed." 

There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* Please visit a few of our features from last week's link up: *


1. How to Make Pretty Tea-Time Cards by Beautiful Girlhood ~ This idea is so sweet and simple. I just *love * it!

2. Make a Hoop House to Extend Your Growing Season by The Homesteading Hippy ~  This really works wonders! We did this with peppers and couldn't believe the results.

3. Impossibly Easy Vegetable Pie by Julie's Lifestyle ~ I am always looking for easy to make "egg" recipes for our farmhouse menus. This one fits the bill perfectly!

4. Time Machines by Lilac Cottage Homemaker ~ Travel back into homemaking history with Kelly's antique cookbook collection. I really enjoyed seeing her chest of goodies!

5. The Most Important Thing You Can Do by Dr. Michelle Bengtson ~ Excellent encouragement for those heartbreaking seasons in our earthly life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


21 comments:

  1. Aww! Thank you for featuring my tea cards, dear JES! {{smiles}}
    And I always so enjoy linking up with you...number 76 already! So wonderful!
    Wishing you a very blessed and lovely week...thank you for writing such a beautiful, inspirational blog!
    Many blessings and much loev to you,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou as always, for hosting JES. I love this weeks features. Antique books are a special love, so that one gets my vote, but I do love them all! Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My darling JES
    I greet with you the beginning of this new week of ours with one of the very first post I published on -My little old world - which I dedicated to the wonderful woman who Cicely Mary Barker was: with her illustrations she has fed the dream of so many generations of children, and I wonder for how many still she will do it !
    My graceful friend, I wish you a wonderful day, thanking as usual for hosting me once more,
    sending dear love and hugs
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jes, trust that you had a splendid weekend.
    Thank you for today's linkup and ingredients for firewood oils.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love this party! Thanks for hosting! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. The incense oils sound like they would smell so wonderful, thanks for the idea, JES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you can get through the Halloween stuff in your neighborhood. My husband likes to hand out LIfe of Jesus comic books. I live in a dark and secluded place where there is not much action so not a problem. It's late, I hope I didn't post twice. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jes for once again hosting this lovely link party! You are always so faithful in setting up the link party early, which is a blessing! Have a blessed week, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting, JES. Off to visit Julie for her vegetable pie!!

    Have a lovely week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jes, thanks so much for the feature of the veggie pie I made! I appreciate it and love coming to your fun party. Have a wonderful day and week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. JES~ I have linked to my post sharing about a homemaking course that is available right now. I hope that is okay since it is pertinent, helpful information for homemakers! Please let me know if it is not. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thank you for linking up! :)

      Delete
  12. Thank you for featuring my article, The Most Important Thing You Can Do! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning! Thank you for throwing this wonderful blog party every week. I am so happy to participate. This week I am sharing a post about how our beehive has done since we installed it this past spring. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh, firewood oils! Sounds delightful, and thank you for sharing which ones are most fragrant to use! As always, so glad to be a part of your linkup, and appreciate you for hosting it! Have a blessed and wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Monday! I missed Time Machine so I'll just pop over there and have a look at the cookbook collection, sounds fabulous.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the party JES! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always enjoy reading your blog, and the ladies who link up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We love the smell of a fire in the fireplace and I have some cedarwood oil that I think would smell great.
    You have a great looking barn! I love it!!
    Thanks for sharing at this week's Blog Hop!
    http://oursimplelife-sc.com/our-simple-homestead-blog-hop-23/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...