Monday, May 25, 2015

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #54

"We gather simple pleasures like daisies along the way." 
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* Today we are featuring our "sweet six" posts from Last Week *

{I would love for you to choose a few of these hand-picked posts and leave some comment love!}


1. End of School Year Questionnaire {Free Printable} by True and Faithful ~ I love this idea of having your children fill out a questionnaire at the end of the school year. The information they share may surprise you, encourage you and help you to understand what they appreciated in their education. What a valuable tool and keepsake!

2. Blueberry Lime Jam by Clearwater Farm ~ Sandra shares a recipe for blueberry lime jam that sounds amazing (and easy to make!). I will be giving this a try next year as I just finished preserving over 30 pounds worth from a local farm (This included jam, pie filling, freezing and blueberry syrup! :)

3. Your RX Answer for Anxiety by Dr. Michelle Bengston ~ This article was very encouraging and I pray that anyone who has ever faced anxiety will be strengthened and comforted by these words.

4. Crocheted Hair Curlers by Foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains ~ These crochet-your-own hair curlers are so clever (and much softer to sleep on than those pink plastic types). 

5. Freezer Meal Party in Lieu of Baby Shower by Our Alaskan Family Adventure ~ Loved this concept of having a meal party for the new mother instead of a shower! This would be an extra special blessing for a mother who already has a house full!

6. How to Make Pretty Fabric Covered Tins by Beautiful Girlhood ~ And finally, I adore pretty projects that you can feather your nest with that cost pennies. This sweet DIY is delightful and doable using your old recycled tin cans! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

 Ways to Enhance Your Link Up Experience to Make it Lovely:

~ Drink a cup of tea or coffee as you peruse the posts.

~ Visit an article with similar interests and leave a comment. She who likes visitors should also try to visit :)

~ Return a visit to someone who has left you a kind comment, the "Golden Rule" is always lovely when applied.

~ Show that you have similar interests by publicly "following" that person's blog. Many will choose to follow you back and that is how a                                                              sweet community is born.

And finally, thank you for joining us each week! It is a pleasure to have you :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


19 comments:

  1. How did I miss the Crocheted Hair Curlers? So cute...Definitely on my winter to-do list now. Good pick :-) .
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jes for hosting and being such a blessing. Have a great week. Blessings xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this with us at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

      Delete
  3. My dearest JES,
    amongst my old posts I've found this one about Gertrude Jekyll's book about gardening and children that I thought suitable to be shared, and just because on your last comment on my Blog you wrote that you do love queen Victoria ( so do I !!! ) I've abused of your disponibility sharing another ones just to make you a 'gift', this one is also quite old , but I hope quite interesting and so sweet to you !
    Have a blessed new week, sweet friend of mine, and thank you, always !
    Sending love and gratitude
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jes, how was your week?
    Thank you for the Link up today. I appreciate the time you take to read and leave a comment on my blog. It is encouraging. I pray that you find help at your moments of need and favor in all that you do.

    God Bless and have a fantastic week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again dear JES! Thank you so much for featuring my fabric covered tin...what a surprise! I was perusing your beautiful pages this morning when I saw your lovely link-party had been published...always such fun to join you and see what everyone else has shared! :)
    And I must tell you how it was you who inspired to work in the garden a bit this morning and oh! How good it felt! As winter is fast approaching, there isn't much planting I can do, but I am preparing vegetable beds for springtime by adding compost and mulch - hopefully we will have bumper crops this coming spring!
    Have a blessed day and thank you for being a blessing! :)
    Hugs,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. JES, thank you for featuring the End of School Printables! This has become such a treasured part of our end of school and every single year I learn something new about my kids. Have a great Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love linking to your party each week! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning, and thank you for the feature. I can't wait to check out the other features and see what's new, but i's a workday for us so I will be back to check out the posts later or tomorrow.
    Happy (belated) Memorial Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the party, JES! Hope you are enjoying the spring and all its wonderful bounties!

    Have a wonderful week,

    Poppy

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jes! Hope you are having a wonderful week! I don't know why but this week's link ins are not showing up on my computer. I have been trying since yesterday. Would love to link in with you and love to check out other link ins. Will try back again as the day goes on. Have a blessed week and thank you again for always hosting your party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, for some reason, the Linky Company has been working on their website. It should be up and running again soon. Thank you for your patience! :)

      Delete
  11. For some reason, the linky list isn't showing up for me at all...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! The Linky Company has been working on the website. It should be up now :)

      Delete
  12. Hi JES, wonderful features as always! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like these features. I like the end of school year survey, the different take on anxiety, as well as the crafting and cooking features. xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Jes for your warm wishes, and for following back :).T hanks for letting me know about the link up too. I'm sure I will have lots of treasures to read now. I've added my card too :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...