Monday, May 11, 2015

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #52


"No man is poor who has had a godly mother."
~ Abraham Lincoln

"I cannot tell you how much I owe to the solemn word of my good mother."
~ Charles Spurgeon

"An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy."
~ Rudyard Kipling
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* Today we are featuring our favorite 5 posts from Last Week *

{I would love for you to choose a few of these hand-picked posts and leave some comment love!}


1. DIY Pedestal Stand by Adirondack Girl ~ I love do-it-yourself projects that can be done with odds-and-ends and this pedestal stand is the perfect example. There are so many possibilities one can create with this concept!

2. Strawberry Oat Bars by Grace and Garden Homestead ~ These oat bars look tasty and would be a great way to use up leftover jam (just substitute it for the filling)!

3. Explore Russia by MommyMaleta ~ Laura shares wonderful geography unit studies on her website and her newest homeschool "travels" take us to Russia for the month. Week 1 – map, flag, country facts, Week 2 – interview, Week 3 – craft and Week 4 – a Russian recipe. Geography can be such a fun subject to teach! 

4. Easy to Peel Fresh Eggs by The Country Blossom ~ If you have your own chickens, then you realize the frustration of peeling fresh eggs. Katy shares her tip which I am eager to try. She has such a warm and cozy blog, I think you will enjoy your visit.

5. How Do You Keep it All Together? by Radical Femininity ~ Oftentimes we want the easy way out but it is the practical advice that must be applied for true results. I think Annie shares just that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

 Ways to Enhance Your Link Up Experience to Make it Lovely:

~ Drink a cup of tea or coffee as you peruse the posts.

~ Visit an article with similar interests and leave a comment. She who likes visitors should also try to visit :)

~ Return a visit to someone who has left you a kind comment, the "Golden Rule" is always lovely when applied.

~ Show that you have similar interests by publicly "following" that person's blog. Many will choose to follow you back and that is how a                                                              sweet community is born.

And finally, thank you for joining us each week! It is a pleasure to have you :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


19 comments:

  1. Hey Jes, Happy Mother's Day for yesterday, hope you had a lovely time. Have a great week and thanks for hosting. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't realize that there was a peeling difference from fresh eggs and MY store-bought eggs! That is fascinating. Thank you for hosting today and loved the quotes - so perfect for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning my bright friend !
    This time I've chosen a post of mine quite old, but I think suited to the spirit of your post and your Blog today, because it talks about the love of Effie Gray and John Everett Millais, which was a true love, able to make grow a true family and to make Millais become the wonderful painter he was.
    Thanking you so very much for your precious friendship and for hosting us every Monday with so much love, I wish you much Joy and Serenity for the new week just begun.
    Sending hugs and love across the ocean
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quotes! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jes, I always love your posts!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for hosting!!
    I hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Jes! Thank you so much for featuring our post and for hosting this linkup every week … it is always a delight to visit your little online home here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for featuring my post!!! How exciting! I always appreciate your link up here! Thanks JES!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Monday morning, JES! I nearly spewed my coffee allover the keyboard for the need to laugh out loud when I read the quote by Rudyard Kipling just because I've experienced that very thing and know it to be true. Sometimes clergy truly aren't what we expect them to be, and Mr. Kipling nailed it so well, lol. And your linkup enhancing ideas are spot on - from the coffee to visiting sprinkled with comments. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning, lovely JES! I have my coffee and now I am ready to go visit some of these beautful linkups :) Thank you for another wonderful and inviting party. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the link-up, JES. Such lovely quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of such a great party each week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jes, thanks for the fun party and have a nice day and week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning JES. Thankyou for the lovely linkup. I have tea in my 'tutu' Mothers Day cup at my elbow, and I'm looking forward to a lovely read. Your linkups are like a gorgeous magazine. Thankyou so much. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for hosting as always, JES!

    Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you SO much for the feature of my pedestal stand :) I'm so glad I stumbled upon your lovely party--

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh JES! Is it really a year you have been hosting your lovely link-parties...? And what a blessing they have been to many! Congratulations - sending you much love today!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi JES, thanks so much for hosting! I wasn't familiar with that Rudyard Kipling quote--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed your quotes, and header of the mother and daughters winding yarn, I've had that experience without the fancy dresses. Thanks for hosting, and visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...