Monday, April 6, 2015

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #47

“Go out more, keep cheerful as well as busy, for you are the sunshine-maker of the family, and if you get dismal there is no fair weather.”
~ Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!


* Today we are featuring our sweet six posts from Last Week *

{I would love for you to choose at least one of these hand-picked posts and leave some comment love!}


1. How to Crochet a Dish Scrubbie by Vickie's Kitchen and Garden ~ I received something similar as a gift recently and love it! Vickie shares the instructions so that you can make your own :)

2. The Hardest Prayer by Homespun Devotions ~ If you have ever found yourself on your knees with tears and fears, then you will appreciate the truth in these surrendering words.

3. Butterfly Unit Study by Growing in His Glory ~ Keri shares a wonderful unit study on butterflies. This is just the way we enjoy homeschooling! (For more free unit studies, visit here.)

4. Saving Money on Groceries with a Price Book by Simple Joys of Home ~ What a simple idea and yet, why have I not done this? My memory isn't as sharp as the old days and this is a great way to know if I am "really" getting a good deal on something (free printable included).

5.  40+ Best Crock Pot Recipes by It is a Keeper ~ My goodness, all these recipes look so good and what busy woman doesn't open her arms to a good, make ahead, crock-pot recipe?

6. Spring Pastels Tablescape by My Thrift Store Addiction ~ Lastly, I LOVE this spring table decoration. You will be charmed by all her thrift store finds and how she combined them into the sweetest setting. The colors were so inviting and the "message" is just perfect!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Our Calendula Collection ~ Herbal Link Up

In other news, we are currently hosting an herbal link up on the calendula flower (pot marigold). This lovely plant offers so much medicinal and topical blessings!

Take a visit over for some great ideas or we would love for you to link up your own calendula related posts. Link up will be running until the end of the month (April 2015). Visit here for inspiration and/or to see the newest additions!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


20 comments:

  1. I love her tablescape too, too cute! I have some scrabble letters that my mom gave me but don't have a board to put them on. Maybe I will lean them against something, lol! Thanks for hosting today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter dear Jess

    I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Easter celebration with your family.

    Thank you for hosting 'Homemaking Mondays' - I always look forward to joining in.

    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have try several times to join your linky but its very slow and it wont let me...maybe some kind of bug or technical problems..i will try later...blessings friend and have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a wonderful Easter day. Thanks so much for the feature this week. It's always fun to come and see what everyone is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for featuring my butterfly unit study. Your unit studies have been such an inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the party, JES! So many beautiful things here today, as always! I love the Louisa May Alcott quote, and the scrabble Lord is My Shepherd is so sweet. I saw the little birds there with it and thought to use the scripture, "His Eye is on the Sparrow." Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you SO much for the mention here, JES! It was such a pleasant and welcome surprise and encouragement today! So very thankful for you and for all you do here. You are such a dear blessing to all of us! God bless you, in return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, JES, I have to stop soon. I've found way too many awesome and encouraging posts here today. Number 33 is a MUST READ. Where has she been?
    Thank you for always having a warm invitation to all of us who are isolated. I always feel support when I come here on Monday mornings.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, I have no idea where my comments are going as I left one early today but don't see it posted. Anyway, thank you for the linkup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the feature Jes and for hosting another lovely party! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi JES, I hope you had a nice holiday weekend. Thanks for the fun party and have a wonderful week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the lovely party and for featuring my tablescape! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning my dearest JES and thank you for this lovely post you're greeeting the beginning of the new week with, accompanied by a sweet quote by Louisa May Alcott which I love so much.
    Today I've shared something old, I'm so very busy, actually as busy as a little bee, with the works of restoration of our big old home, so I haven't prepared a new post for this week yet, I'm going to do it this evening or tomorrow morning, if I'm finding the time ... and the energy !
    I hope that, even if old, my post is suitable for your wonderful page, The Godeys Lady's Book was a Victorian magazine for the family, as you surely know.
    With much gratitude I'm sending blessings to you
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for hosting the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Jes, I am just enjoying your blog so much. I continually find more to read and learn. Today I featured you on my own blog The Bluebirds are Nesting. I hope you get lots of visitors and new followers. I said I probably will never see any of them again as they will be here reading!
    Love Annabel.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning JES! Thank you for hosting this wonderful link-party every week!
    I just love Louisa May Alcott...what a wise lady! And the paintng you used in this post is so beautiful...
    I hope you've been having a blessed day so far!
    Lots of love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning, dear JES! Thank you so much for hosting such a fabulou party! It's always a joy to link up with you! The features are extra lovely this week!

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting, followed you here from the Homestead Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jes, another great link up, thanks for sharing at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...