Monday, March 30, 2015

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #46



"Scorn not the homely virtues. We are prone
To search through all the world for something new;
And yet sometimes old-fashioned things are best—
Old-fashioned work, old-fashioned rectitude,
Old-fashioned honor and old-fashioned prayer,
Old-fashioned patience that can bide its time,
Old-fashioned firesides sacred from the world,
Old-fashioned satisfaction, with enough
Old-fashioned candour and simplicity,
Old-fashioned folks that practice what they preach."
~ Author Unkown

There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, sewing, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!


* Today we are featuring our sweet six posts from Last Week *

{I would love for you to choose at least one of these hand-picked posts and leave some comment love!}


1. Easiest Tortilla Chicken Soup Ever by Reviews, Chews & How To's ~ Crock pot recipes are always appreciated and this one looks very easy to make, shares normal ingredients and sounds tasty! 

2. Pantry Challenge by A Working Pantry ~ I am always inspired by the goings-on of Patsi's pantry. If you are a pantry-aholic like myself, then you will appreciate her practical projects and weekly goals.

3. Eight Things to Do When Sickness Strikes ~ This is a great post that shares ideas of how to treat illnesses safely at home. Especially good reading for new mothers! 

4. You May Bend But You Won't Break by What Joy is Mine ~ I know many who are going through trying times right now. Naomi shares some wonderful words of encouragement to keep going!

5. Sacred Sabbath: Service in Marriage by Heaven Smiling ~ This author shares an absolutely heartbreaking video clip that will inspire you to love your spouse unconditionally. I couldn't stop crying as I watched it (to be honest, I was bawling).

6. Simple Crochet Edgings and Things You Can Make Over with Them by The Bluebirds are Nesting ~ And lastly, I love this kind of embellishment on ordinary items to make them extraordinary. Visit Annabel for some lovely homemaking inspiration! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


24 comments:

  1. Dear JES! Thank you for another wonderful link party! Praying your week is beautifully blessed!
    Hugs and much love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, JES,

    Lovely features; off to take a look! Thanks for hosting, and wishing you a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. JES...I came to share a couple of posts and saw my last post linked up as one of your features. Oh my...thank you friend. I pray those who read it are encouraged. Thank for hosting a wonderful community. Have a fabulous week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great features you highlighted! I agree, Naomi always has wonderful words of encouragement! Thanks for hosting today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once more, my dearest JES, thank you from the deep of my heart for hosting me and with my last post, have a blessed new week, sweet and precious friend,
    sending much Love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting this lovely party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, yet another rainy Monday morning brighten up by this lovely home-making party. I can't wait to read the features. Thank you for the party!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the party and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Monday morning to you, JES! Thanks again for a delightful party - I missed last week and was very sad to not be here.

    Beautiful features...I love the delicate crochet edging. I look forward to visiting many bloggers. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Jes as always. I am unable to link up this week for some reason. I keep getting an error.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, too bad! How about sending me back the links (via email) you want to share and lets see if I can link them up :) Then we will know where the problems lies...

      Only if you want!

      Happy Monday to you :)

      Delete
  11. Hi, just found your blog recently and I love it! Just linked up for the first time. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for doing this. There are so many great links here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. JES - Thank you for featuring my 8 Things To Do When Sickness Strikes post... I appreciate it. Thank you also for the work you do each week in hosting this blog party... you are a blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for my comment you left last week, I just love your link ups as there is always so much to glean and learn from. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank so much for featuring my post! I absolutely love this easy recipe and hope your readers enjoy as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for hosting such a wonderful homemaking link-up. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Spring!! Thanks for the party, Now I need to get outside and paint!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet link up! I've enjoyed my visit today. Thank you for visiting my blog. I love the picture of the cottage. I've often thought how lovely to live in one like that. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for featuring my sacred Sabbath post. Your comment made my day. I'm going to check out some of the other features and be back to link up in a couple weeks. I love the poem you shared at the beginning of this link up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi JES, thanks for the invite--I linked 3 ;) Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Jes thank you for featuring me! I felt so thrilled and honoured. I am finding some wonderful blogs through your blog hop, with thanks, Annabel from Bluebirds xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the quote at the top! May I use it?
    Thank you for another opportunity to link up. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...