Monday, February 9, 2015

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #39

"To plough a straight furrow on Monday, or dust a room well on Tuesday, or kiss a bumped forehead on Wednesday, is worth more than the most ecstatic thrill under Sunday eloquence. Spirituality is seeing God in common things and showing God in common tasks."
~ Maltbie D. Bacock
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemakinghomeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* Today we are featuring our "Favorite Five" posts from Last Week *

{I would love for you to choose at least one of these hand-picked posts and leave some comment love!}


1. Making Our Homes Comfortable by Finding Joy in the Everyday ~ Jo shares a practical and encouraging article on creating a home to come home to! If you have a heart for home, you will enjoy this read.

2. White Bean Tortellini Soup by Oak Hill Homestead ~ Kathi's soup looks absolutely delicious and features "normal" ingredients (making this doable for our family). A great vegetarian dish for those chilly nights!

3. Guayusa Herbal Tea by Ecuador in My Eyes ~ Many of us are caught in the same coffee and black tea rut. Joanna shares the health benefits of this silky herbal infusion from the Amazon. Double the antioxidants than that of regular green tea plus many other fascinating benefits. I am very interested!

4. Nourishing Bath for Hair and Skin by Home and Farm Sense ~ Ah, a bath. There is nothing like it and Amy shares a soothing recipe from common household ingredients that sounds so very luxurious! 

5. Treasured Atmosphere by Children's Legacy Library ~ This author shares the same loving sentiments about books that I do. If you want to share wonderful experiences with your family, visit this article for some "novel" inspiration! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


33 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I loved her red and white kitchen! She's right about the type of home we're trying to create too. I've just always wanted my home to be something that my family can relax in, and want to come home to or have friends over, etc.

    Great quote beneath your picture. God is not just for Sunday. We live for Him every day and He's in everything we do and say and in the love that we show others. Dusting a room may not seem like much, but when you're doing it for the Lord and for your family it takes on a whole different meaning! Thanks for hosting today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to share here today! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello and a happy Monday to you dear JES! Thank you for another wonderful link party, I'm off to visit some lovelies now... And the quote you shared is just so beautiful... Hugs and love, Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed the quote! Hope your week is off to a nice start :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful red and white kitchen! I've saved it on my desktop to be able to just 'stand' in it, and look around at all the pretty, vintage touches. Thanks for hosting, JES, and wishing you a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was smitten by it too Poppy! :) And you have a wonderful week also! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for hosting, JES! Blessings to you this week. :)
    ~Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candy for sharing here with us!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the party and enjoy your day and week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for linking up with us! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for featuring my soup recipe this week, Jes! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying your whole soup series Kathi! Thanks for sharing with us :)

      Delete
  7. I love the vintage look of your site... thanks for featuring my bath post...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy and you are welcome! :)

      Delete
  8. I've seen that kitchen before, and it's vintageously wonderful. I love the Maltbie Bacock quote, JES. So true! Thanks for hosting the party. Have a joyful week. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it!!! And I am glad you like the quote. I thought it special too :)

      Delete
  9. I love all the goodies I find here each week Jess. Your site is soooo inviting. And I just scored 27 free history lapbooking resources for the next couple years. Way excited about that. Thank you for faithfully hosting. (And I agree with Amy--your site is so beautiful!)
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! And 27 free lap booking lessons, sounds like some fun homeschooling!

      Delete
  10. Hi JES.. Thanks so much for another great linky party.. It is so much fun and your blog is lovely.. God bless.. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye, I am glad you joined us! :)

      Delete
  11. Oh my, I really love the image you posted today. It takes me back to the years (3) we lived in Germany. Of course, the there people don't wear traditional clothing any longer, but the dirndl skirts and leder hosen are still sold in a lot of stores for tourists and for festivals. The cabinet on the left side of the picture is a shrunk. They usually have them in every room in their houses (except for the bathrooms) as they don't have closets in their homes. And isn't that a gorgeous window! Love it.
    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your picture studies! I also loved the arched window and glasswork. Our home is based on the European style too, no closets! :) We also have a "shrunk" in every room (aka wardrobe)!

      Delete
  12. Hi Friend! Thank you for another wonderful party :) Have a beautiful week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing with us. I love your new profile picture! :)

      Delete
  13. Thank you so much for hosting this party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have you join us Rose! :)

      Delete
  14. Hello Jes! Hope you have a wonderful week! I was so busy today in the kitchen! I will sleep well tonight (Smile)
    Happy Valentines Day!
    Yours, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice hearing from you Roxy! Thank you for linking up with us :)

      Delete
  15. Hello!! I am new to your blog and also to your party!! I linked up a few posts . I hope they are right for this party because my posts are all about my home which is my passion!!
    Love your features!!
    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting another great link up Jes and also thank you for stopping by and sharing it with Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for this link party, I'm partecipating for the first time and I'm enthusiastic of this idea !
    With much gratitude for hosting me too, I'm sending blessings
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in! It is very fun to visit other people's blogs and glean from one another! :)

      Delete
  18. Dear JES! Thank you for your comment...I just had a look at my link on the link up now and it loads the page without a problem, but I will ask a friend to take a look just to be sure! So kind of you to let me know:). Blessings, Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...