Monday, January 26, 2015

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #37

“Human feelings are queer things -- I am much happier -- black-leading the stove's -- making the beds and sweeping the floors at home, than I should be living like a fine lady anywhere else.”
~ Charlotte Brontë (1816-1855)
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemaking, homeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* Today we are featuring our favorite "Sweet Six" posts from Last Week *

{I would love for you to choose at least one of these hand-picked posts and leave some comment love!}


1. My Dutch Inspired Kitchen by Lilacs and Springtime ~ Sarah takes us on a sweet and sentimental tour of her cheerful blue and white kitchen. I was delighted and encourage you to take a visit over. She is a lovely hostess!

2. 16 Ways We Save Money by Homesteading by A Return to Simplicity ~ Angi shares some wonderful ways they are able to save money by homesteading. Many of these ideas can be done in a normal back yard too. It just requires some old fashioned work. Are you up for the challenge?

3. Morning Stirring... Coffee Date with My Lord by Blogger Loves the King ~ This author shares her morning cup of coffee with the best of company. I love the way she looks at her special time!

4. 20 Ways to Serve Oatmeal {Breakfast Reinvented} by Joy in My Kitchen ~ Sometimes we can get into a rut in our breakfast routine. Abi shares the different ways that we can doctor up oatmeal to make it special every day!

5. DIY Lavender Salve by God's Grace Overflows ~ If you have read this blog for some time then you know that I love anything lavender related. Amy shares a simple recipe for making your own lavender salve. What a great gift idea!

6. How to Make Your Own Vintage Style Gift Wrap by Beautiful Girlhood ~ The lovely and creative Kelly Anne shares a beautiful and frugal way to wrap a package with old fashioned charm. I was smitten by this sweet project. She also shares some wonderful homemaking encouragement with A Beautiful Act. I know you will be blessed by a visit to her blog!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


17 comments:

  1. Thanks Jess for hosting again. Have a great week, blessings to you and your family. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it certainly feels like I've been doing quite a lot of what Ms. Bronte boasts of, lately! ;))

    Thanks so much for hosting, JES, and wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

    Poppy
    P.S. Wherever do you get all the lovely images of yesteryear, here, on your blog? I've searched your sidebar, thinking that perhaps they are your creations, but can't seem to find anything. Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poppy, glad you like the images. They are basically old paintings that are no longer copyrighted (I try and use pre-1920 ones to be safe). If I use a newer painting, I give a photo credit but will never "write" on it. They are found via Google/Wikipedia searches (under Victorian Home Life Era Paintings, etc.) and some clip art is from The Graphics Fairy. Hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Poppy, glad you like the images. They are basically old paintings that are no longer copyrighted (I try and use pre-1920 ones to be safe). If I use a newer painting, I give a photo credit but will never "write" on it. They are found via Google/Wikipedia searches (under Victorian Home Life Era Paintings, etc.) and some clip art is from The Graphics Fairy. Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I’m sharing 3 posts: How to show love in times of sorrow; A list of 3 favored home-finance books in my own bookshelf right now; and How to build a composting bed right in your veggie garden. Love the hop, thanks for hosting!

    ~Taylor-Made Ranch Homestead~
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you JES for featuring my post from last week - I am indeed very honoured!! Thank you for another lovely link party! Blessings for your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting, JES! Love the features. :)
    Hope your week is full of love and laughter!
    ~Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi JES,

    Thank you for featuring my blog! What a delightful surprise.: )

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jes, thanks for hosting the party and I hope you have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning, JES! Beautiful features, my friend. I just love the wrapping from Kelly-Anne. Thanks for hosting - I look forward to visiting other blogs.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Bronte quote, JES. It reminds me of last night when my husband and I were watching a period British movie. The lead character lived in a mansion. She visited a sick lad in a humble little cottage in the woods. I commented to my husband that I would much prefer living in the cottage than the mansion. And I would. Thanks for the party. Hope your week is off to a joyful start. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Jes. Mondays are always such a busy day! But I look forward to linking up with your party
    I will come and visit a few ladies a bit later!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Afternoon Jes! Thank you so much for featuring my blog. I am so honored and blessed that you thought of me and my salve recipe. Mondays are always so busy around here, but today kinda feels like a little holiday since my hubby is off of work today. It's warm out, the mud is drying and I actually have time to leave a few comments. So very thankful today!

    I hope you have a blessed week. And thank you again!

    Blessings and Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your image and the Bronte quote, JES! Thanks for the reminder that what we do is such a blessed thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi JES,
    I'm late to the party, but I'm enjoying the posts this morning.
    Thank you for hostessing and have a wonderful day!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the party, JES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking up at Good Morning Mondays Jes, Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...