Monday, January 5, 2015

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #34

"I am resolved, by the grace of God assisting me, to keep these resolutions which I have frequently made and do now again renew...  I am resolved to believe in God, that he is a rewarder of all that diligently seek him, to believe firmly and constantly in all his attributes. I am resolved to fear him and love him with all the powers and faculties of my soul, and to keep a steady eye to his commands, and to govern myself in every circumstance of life by the rules of the gospel of Christ, whose disciple I profess myself and as such will live and die..."
~ Eliza Lucas Pinckney (1739-1762)
{Visit here for the rest of her inspiring resolutions!}
There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemaking, homeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, crafts, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* We are featuring 3 posts from Last Week which are inspired by the New Year *

{I would love for you to choose at least one of these hand-picked posts and leave some comment love!}


1. Family New Year's Eve Party by Gentle Joy Photography ~ I love the idea of making a special New Year's Eve party at home with your immediate family and she goes all out! What wonderful memories she is giving her children! I am going to implement this concept next year.

2. New Year's Mom Challenge by Christianity Cove ~ The author invites us to take 7 mini challenges to bring our children closer to God in the New Year. It is time to get our true priorities in order.

3. Year of Jubilee 2015 by So Much at Home ~ Chris shares some interesting history, science and the Scriptures to explain why this new year (2015) is extra special. This would be a nice piece to share at the dinner table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Small Request...

Vote for People’s Choice Nominee  

In other news, our post on Medicine Making Supplies has been nominated for "The People’s Choice Award" at Wildcrafting Wednesdays. The ten most popular "Wildcrafting Wednesday" posts from the past year are now being voted on by the readers. If you have a moment, would you visit and vote for your favorite on EACH site? – The Woodwife’s Journal, The Entwife’s JournalHerban Momma, and Mind Body and Sole. It only takes a click of the mouse. Voting will end at the end of today, January 5th. Thank you in advance for your time! :) They also have a neat blog hop on Wednesdays that you may like to join!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to this week! For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


33 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your nomination for the People's Choice Award! What an honor. I cast my vote on each of the sites. :) Thanks for hosting another lovely link up. Have a great week and I hope to see you Wednesday for Coffee and Conversation.
    ~Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you Candy! Much appreciated :)

      Delete
  2. Good morning, JES, and like Candy I want to congratulate you on your nomination for the People's Choice Award again this year! I'm not at all surprised that you were nominated; I just don't know how it was narrowed down to just one of your informative posts. Please indulge me here as I hijack the comments to encourage all your readers who have benefited from your posts to go over to ALL 4 of the Wildcrafting Wednesday sites and vote for Medicine Making Supplies by Strangers And Pilgrims. You can start here: http://www.woodwifesjournal.com/
    In the second paragraph you see all the links where you can vote for your favorite post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a sweetheart! Thank you for being my cheerleader! :) Such a nice way to start a Monday morning...

      Delete
  3. JES - I wanted to thank you for the work you do each week on the link up party-it is much apprciated.... and my views have been going up from your site... what a blessing. Then today, I came to link up and found my post was featured! Another blessing... and an encouragement.... thank you and I hope you have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Joy. Thank you for sharing with us each week! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for featuring my post on your beautiful blog! I always love reading and sharing here.
    I pray you will have a wonderful year.
    God bless.
    Chris
    So Much At Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris for sharing with us each week! :)

      Delete
  5. Good morning, dear JES! Thank you so much for hosting another delightful party - it's such a blessing to linkup with you :) Have a blessed week, sweet friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to join us! It is always a pleasure to visit your blogs :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the fun party JES and wishing a nice day and enjoy the first week of the month.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for joining in and the well wishes :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Jes. Thank you for the party. I did visit one of your "hand-picked posts" and left a comment. Hope your new year is off to a great start. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Thanks for hosting each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a happy and healthy new year to you!

      Delete
  9. Kudos on your nomination, JES! Will pop over to cast my vote! Thanks so much for hosting and have a wonderful day!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Poppy! I really appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much for the link-up, JES, and CONGRATULATIONS! What an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosint Jes! Have a blessed year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a happy and healthy New Year to you, Magali! Thanks for joining us!

      Delete
  12. Do you have an instruction page for how to print out your free printables? My download page from Scribd does not show a print button. Thank you for such a wonderful website. I hope to put together a notebook with your tips and illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, Once it is downloaded, you should have a PDF file on the screen somewhere and can print from there. Or, go into your files (under downloads) and the printables should appear there and then you can print. If this doesn't work, you can always email me and I will send you the files :) I hope you enjoy putting together your notebooks. I find it therapeutic and fun!

      Delete
  13. Thank you JES for allowing me to be a part of your wonderful party!

    Sweet blessings to you.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you can join us again! :)

      Delete
  14. Hi! I was just wondering if you would mind sharing the artist's name for the painting of the lady writing by the window? I love it. Thank you! I have recently found your site and have found it so inspiring. Thank you for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, Glad you like the painting. I believe the artist is Haynes King. Have a happy and healthy New Year!

      Delete





  15. I hope I got my vote in on time JES! It's been a busy Monday, and I'm just now sitting down again to do some reading. It looks like another lovely party; thank you for hosting. Congrats on the nomination, you deserve such a recognition.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I sure understand about being busy, no worries ;) Thanks for joining us in 2015! :)

      Delete
  16. Thanks for linking up at Good Morning Mondays Jes, hope you are all well. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your nomination for the People's Choice Award

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...