Monday, October 6, 2014

The Art of Home-Making Mondays ~ Please Join Us ~ Link Up #21

“And Polly didn't think she had done much; but it was one of the little things which are always waiting to be done in this world of ours, where rainy days come so often, where spirits get out of tune, and duty won't go hand in hand with pleasure. Little things of this sort are especially good work for little people; a kind little thought, an unselfish little act, a cheery little word, are so sweet and comfortable, that no one can fail to feel their beauty and love the giver, no matter how small they are. Mothers do a deal of this sort of thing, unseen, unthanked, but felt and remembered long afterward, and never lost, for this is the simple magic that binds hearts together, and keeps home happy.”
~ Louisa May Alcott, An Old-Fashioned Girl

There are so many wonderful features in the making of a home. This is a place where I would love for you to share your love for anything home-related. Homemaking, homeschooling and homesteading are all a part of the lovely art of home-making!

~~Please link up posts in the spirit of Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 (such as recipes, godly encouragement, DIY's, frugal living, child-raising, medicine making, preparedness, gardening, home decoration, school lessons, etc).~~ You are welcome to share as many posts as you like!

* In honor of last week's 20th link up, we are doing "double features"! *

There were so many excellent posts that I am going to share three from each of this blog's "home" categories including some encouragement for the "keeper at home". Just scroll to your interest and enjoy the line up!


In the area of home-making, here are our three favorites:

Recipe Box: The Best Ever Enchilada Soup by My Overflowing Cup

Frugal Tip: Turn It Off and Unplug It - Stop Energy Vampires! by Leap of Faith Homestead

How to Make: Your Own Taco Seasoning Mix by 2 Kids and Tired Cooks



In the area of home-education {and child-raising}, these posts really inspired:

8 Things You Can Do Today That Your Children Will Cherish for the Rest of Their Lives
by Cornerstone Confessions

School {at Home} by Gigi Blog
(This post really captures the beauty of home education in lovely pictures
and includes gorgeous school-room inspiration!)



Regarding home-steading {self-sufficiency and DIY's} these articles piqued my interest:


Living Large in Small Spaces {Debt Free}: A Tiny Cottage in the Woods by A Joyful Cottage
(This "downsizing your life" post includes a beautiful home tour as well!)




And lastly, for the "keeper-at-home", these posts were very encouraging:

A Sinful Woman Forgiven (Having a Gracious Heart) by She Graces Her Home in God's Beauty

Feeding Your Man by Living From Glory to Glory (Quite Practical but Powerfully True)


Were any of these your favorites too?

Now for this week ~ For the sake of our readers, please link up appropriate and wholesome home-related articles and leave out any giveaways, advertisements, etc. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to see what you all have to share! 

Please copy the button below (html code is in box below it) and share on your blog post or side-bar so others can come and join in the link up as well!


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

25 comments:

  1. Wonderfully inspirational features, Jes! Thanks so much for hosting, and have a lovely week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jes, thank you for featuring A Tiny Cottage In the Woods. I'm glad Lin's home and story was so well received. Also, I want to mention how much I like your format this week of more features categorized by "interest". It's very helpful and I appreciate the time you took to do this. Lots of great encouragement here. Thanks, again. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it! :) Thank you Nancy!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for hosting and inviting me to the party! I just love the feel of your blog, very homey. Blessings, Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially liked Tracy's article, Our Back To Basics Living Philosophy as it struck a home chord with me. It's been twenty-one years since we did the same thing, and we have never looked back. Thank you for hostessing another cozy home-making party.
    Have a blessed home-making week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tracy's article struck a cord with me also, especially the time spent daydreaming about the future fruit on their trees! :) That is me and my husband on Friday nights with our cup of coffee! :)

      Delete
  5. Jess, this is a beautiful way to share the love of other ladies and their encouragement to others through their blogs.
    Thank you kindly for featuring my post , you have blessed my heart this morning.
    Your link up is such a lovely way to meet other ladies like minded, thank you for sharing them with us.
    The Lord bless you.
    Joy! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for your encouragement! :)

      Delete
  6. Hello, Thank you for featuring the good old fashion cast iron pan post filled with taters! I gal needs to feed her man! Also, your advice on the Ribbons and lace post is so important. My home is all decorated to please my Hubby, except my sewing room/spare room! I may have to go back and add that bit of advice later! I did Link up two posts today, I guess I was very creative or awake this morning! LOL
    Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for feauturing our tiny cottage in the woods via Nancy's blog this week. This is my first visit here ~ it is a truly wonderful blog!
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lin, your home is very beautiful and your goals to downsize were very inspiring! :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for featuring my Taco Seasoning. It's delicious and so easy, you'll never go back to packaged mixes. Have a great week. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the feature this week! I have to tell you I so look forward to your hop each week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for featuring my recipe The BEST EVER Enchilada Soup! It really is the perfect fall soup. I hope you enjoy this week's Lemon Coconut Shortbread Cookies. Thanks so much for the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi JES! Thanks for hostessing another LOVELY link-up!

    Today I've shared my "Pumpkin Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast" which is both gluten & sugar free! It's like FALL in your mouth!

    God bless y'all this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy to have found yoru party! I am always encouraged on my visits here, and look forward to the inspiration everyone shares today. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you join us Linda! :)

      Delete
  13. Hi Jes! I really enjoyed reading the 'Living Large in Small Spaces' post, what a beautiful home! The 'Reading tips for non bookish kids' was also a great read, I'm going to implement the tea and book time with my four kids! Thanks for hosting this link up, it's very inspiring! I also love Gigi blog ... those girls are just so beautiful! Especially little baby Lavender! I'm going to have a look through some of the other link ups now! Have a beautiful week Jes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your favorites! I must agree with you :)

      Delete
  14. Thanks for hosting the party, have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful group of link ups as usual! Thank you for hosting JES :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting JES. I shared my spaghetti sauce canning recipe this week. Hope you have a fruitful and blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jes,

    I can't thank you enough for hosting, for featuring a post of mine, and for your constant encouragement!

    Faith
    Our Leap of Faith Homestead

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...