Monday, December 10, 2012

Winter Inspired Beauty for Your Home

Oversized Mason Jar
Photo Source

Here are some winter inspired ideas that can be reproduced in your home based on findings from God's creation. Bundle up, take a stroll with your family and gather some treasures to decorate your nest with seasonal charm. 

"To every [thing there is] a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven…"
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1

This oversized mason jar is simple to make with pine tree clippings, pinecones, a candle and natural twine. Anything involving a jar is a favorite with me!

Holiday Potpourri
Photo Source

Dry your own citrus pieces, add in some cinnamon sticks, pine-cones or pods from trees...

Place them in a clear vase, glass or vintage jar for a fragrant display...

Photo Source

Cut up branches from your property into chunks to create this simple idea...

Silver Rim Glass Hurricane
Photo Source

Use a mason jar or candle votive and fill it with pine needles, baby pinecones and add a candle...

After all, it is the little details that makes one smile...

Pinecone Cluster
Photo Source

“There needs to be a homemaker exercising some measure of skill, imagination, creativity, desire to fulfill needs and give pleasure to others in the family. How precious a thing is the human family. Is it not worth some sacrifice in time, energy, safety, discomfort, work? Does anything come forth without work?"

~ Edith Schaeffer, What is a Family?

Live Eucalyptus & Red Berry Garland
Photo Source

"He hath made every [thing] beautiful in his time…"
Ecclesiastes 3:11a

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Now I feel even more like going to the woods next weekend : ) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! You can go treasure hunting :)

      Delete
  2. These ideas are beautiful! I would love if you could share this at my blog hop http://www.ablossominglife.com/2012/12/frugal-crafty-home-hop-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! I love the simplicity and gentle beauty of each picture. I also enjoyed reading the quote from Edith Schaeffer - thank you for sharing, my friend! Have a lovely day :)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JES, I just wanted to return the blog visit and thank you for taking the time to comment on mine. What great ideas in this post, especially with Christmas decorating upon us. I love too, that you quoted Edith Schaeffer. Her The Hidden Art of Homemaking was required reading for my daughter when we homeschooled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very....very pretty and simple..... I do believe I will be heading out into the woods (my backyard) this weekend for a few last minute decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a mason jar can be utterly beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Gretchen
    www.31cups.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful. I love using canning jars for anything. Probably because I'm an extremely visual person and love to see everything.

    Pine cones.....love using those...I'll have to peek around for some. Too cute!

    Candles....oh they add such a delightful aroma to any home. I haven't used oranges/cranberries in while....it looks so lovely.

    Thank you for sharing~

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found this blog and I love the nature-things in the jars. Thanks for the great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas! I love the candle in the mason jar!
    Jen
    www.goteambowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE pinecones and mason jars. They are two of my favorite decorating accessories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't agree more with all these ladies :) simple beauty has always been best for me, too!! I'm sharing this tomorrow...heehee...can't resist! Great post! Thanks for sharing at Deep Roots on Wednesdays 'EOA' link-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry CHRISTmas! Nobody seems to remember that it wouldn't be Christmas without Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We devote every day to Christ in our home :) Thanks for sharing here today!

      Delete
  13. Love everything! This is how I decorate almost year round! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your decorations! You've given me some ideas! So glad you shared your post on the HomeAcre Hop, hope to see you again tomorrow! - Nancy
    The Home Acre Hop

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty yet so simple. I love the idea of celebrating Christmas with such natural and simple decorations. Thanks for sharing on lovely creations. Visiting from the Homestead blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the simple clean elegance of using nature. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful ideas! I love the design of your page! I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely! Nature is so inspiring and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! I love using things from nature to decorate.
    Blessings for a happy season,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    P.S. I would love to see a picture of you Jes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jess,
    The photos are not showing up tonight.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.. Thank you! I am going to have to fix this somehow...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...