Thursday, November 8, 2012

Autumn Inspired Beauty for Your Home

Dried Pumpino Vase Filler
Photo Source: Pottery Barn

What I love about Pottery Barn is that their products (though expensive) can easily be reproduced in our homes if we spend a few minutes outside, instead of a few dollars online...

Here are some thrifty and doable ideas for lovely, autumn inspired decoration...

Dried Pumpino Vase Filler
Photo Source: Pottery Barn

I would replace mason jars with these vases to make it farmhouse style (and affordable/practical)...

Use whatever seasonal, dried foods and fall landscape that you have in abundance, to fill your vessels...

Some simple ideas are nuts, pods, acorns, pinecones and twigs...

Faux Pin Oak Branch
Photo Source:  Pottery Barn

Tree branches are free and beautiful to display...

Dried leaves, pressed in a frame, is a nice touch as well...

Live Olive Leaf & Myrtle Garland
Photo Source: Pottery Barn

Taking a few minutes to adorn your home is another way of showing love to your family...

Make the Home-Coming Sweet

Make the home-coming sweet!
The gladness of going,
The pleasure of knowing
Will not be complete
Unless, at the ending,
The home-coming's sweet.


Make the home-coming sweet!
No fear of the straying,
Or dread of the staying
Of dear little feet,
If always you're making
The home-coming sweet.

~ Maud Lindsay

14 comments:

  1. Great Decor, I love it! Thank you for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome ideas! I love to look through the Pottery Barn catalogs, I hardly every buy anything, but they have some amazing pictures! We don't have a whole lot out as far as decorating goes, with a 2 and 4 year old it doesn't seem to stay the way I want it to look :-) Instead we have a lot of construction paper crafts. Not necessarily Pottery Barn, but still lovely nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't buy anything from the catalog either but I will say those construction paper crafts made by little hands are the most beautiful of artwork :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, simple ideas, and no pumpkins :)
    I love pumpkins, but we seem to overuse them for fall decor.
    Thanks for these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely fun to check out ideas like this to inspire our own creativity...thanks for sharing the pictures! Blessings, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I know some of us needed a little cheering up this week so some pretties were in order :)

      Delete
  5. These are great ideas! I love the simplicity of each one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing here today. I tend to agree with you :)

      Delete
  6. I love this! These are some fantastic ideas! I adore natural beauty! I did up some Wild Flower bouquets, once (actually, I do them often, but this is referring to a particular time), and was so proud of my end result. I was then absolutely crushed when someone sarcastically said, "Those are just a bunch of old wild flowers, not worth anything." I was so upset, then I finally perked up and came to the conclusion that I felt really sorry for that person, because they were truly missing out on so much beauty that they could be enjoying!
    I am looking forward to the branches of some kind of red berries down the road, that hang over the ditch just before Christmas. I love using them in my Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...